MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > College football is the Big 12 dying a slow death?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: College football is the Big 12 dying a slow death?  (Read 2349 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
College football is the Big 12 dying a slow death?
« on: May 11, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »

Interesting to hear discussions about the big 12 that has 10 teams...   

Currently one of the power 5 conferences - but slowly declining and if Oklahoma jumps to another conference like Nebraska and Texas A&M already have, it could be the demise of the former southwest conference.   

With the advent of "conference" networks - vs the lack of one in the Big 12, they are falling way behind.   Texas has their own network - will they take the hit and roll it into a conference network?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: College football is the Big 12 dying a slow death?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 08:34:23 PM »

I'd love to see Texas and Oklahoma in the B1G.

A Texas School would be HUGE - and even though they are down now - Texas is the big boy in that state.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:37:37 PM »

It's only about the TV audience and money

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 09:59:24 PM »

I'd love to see Texas and Oklahoma in the B1G.

A Texas School would be HUGE - and even though they are down now - Texas is the big boy in that state.
Would be interesting to see how much "more" the Longhorns would make by signing on to the BIG and letting the longhorn network die (which it will anyhow) -   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 07:33:48 AM »

I'm not sure on their numbers for their network - but TX would open up some big markets for the B1G Network for sure, and I think it would be "cool" to get the Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas rivalry going again in the West.    Maybe add a few more of the old school Big 12 teams and the West could have a old school Big 12 Flavor, and the B1G east could be a division of old school Big 10 teams..... 

I still don't know what you do with Rutgers.

That is what I would like to see anyway.....
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 09:59:18 AM »

Rutgers and Maryland don't fit the Big Ten.  Penn State either.  In a realiignment i'd rather see teams from the Big 12 instead of them.
But the only reason the 3 eastern teams are in the B1G is the east coast exposure and $$$$$.
PSU isn't a college for higher learning.  It's a professions football school, evidenced by the fiasco under Joe Pa.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 06:11:33 PM »

Maryland has held up their end - except in Football, but maybe that will turn around with their new coaching hire.

Rutgers - they are just a disaster.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »

Big 12 with only 10 teams and no Championship game is going to fall 10-20 million behind (per school) in the next 10 years - projected by their own study

Look for either BIG or Pac 10 to pick a few off if they don't act soon.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »

Well it's nice to know that Football remains above all else in the Big 12... 
 (A long term cover up of sexual misconduct and abuses by athletes have been discovered)

Taking a page from the Clinton playbook - it's not the fault of the perpetrators
Let's fire the President of the University and hope that appeases the NCAA

The Coach and Athletic Director are still employees of the University

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2642109-kenneth-starr-reportedly-fired-by-baylor-latest-comments-and-reaction
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 04:19:20 PM »

I see now they fired the football coach at Baylor - must have been the President refused so he lost his job first...
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 12:59:32 PM »

The joke that is the Big 12  was entertaining yesterday...   

Texas lost -  always a good thing

The league with a reputation for no defense proved it big!

Oklahoma, Texas Tech combine for FBS-record 1,708 yards in slugfest

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17862402/oklahoma-sooners-texas-tech-red-raiders-combine-fbs-record-1708-yards-offensive-slugfest
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 09:15:53 PM »

No more unbeatens in the baskeball score league...     
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 10:20:41 AM »

Yea......I just read a clip on Yahoo that this is the first time in decades that a Big 12 team was not in the Top 10.  Texas destroyed that conference with their insistence on The Longhorn Network.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »

Money eventually ruins everything.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 11:41:37 AM »

True......we have certainly seen that happen with government!
Support the local economy as much as possible!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up