MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > MT Fantasy Football League 2016-7 version

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: MT Fantasy Football League 2016-7 version  (Read 16427 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: MT Fantasy Football League 2016-7 version
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2016, 01:15:46 PM »

I think I'm going to retire so I can go back to watching the NFL - and not watching the NFL - the way I used to.

I don't like how I watch now and start calculating if the team is in FG range - and start hoping they score a TD because the guy I am playing has their kicker.

I also don't like when you have players going against your team - like I do tonight.

I think it's time to let Fuzz have a chance!

No way Prof has one.  Anyone who would release Rothlesberger and Nelson is hopeless.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2016, 04:05:13 PM »

I believe I have played in the finals or semifinals each year we have had this league.  Bad draft that I was never able to overcome.  All said, I even enjoyed this year.....ya seem to learn something new each time. 

I feel like a Democrat, Trump was out to get me.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »

I believe I have played in the finals or semifinals each year we have had this league.  Bad draft that I was never able to overcome.  All said, I even enjoyed this year.....ya seem to learn something new each time. 

I feel like a Democrat, Trump was out to get me.

Didn't you auto-draft?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2016, 10:36:54 PM »

Yes.....this year I did, I was gone somewhere.  One would think that would be the best way to go if you are a novice.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »

This game is a perfect illustration on why I don't like fantasy football.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »

I think I'm going to retire so I can go back to watching the NFL - and not watching the NFL - the way I used to.

I don't like how I watch now and start calculating if the team is in FG range - and start hoping they score a TD because the guy I am playing has their kicker.

I also don't like when you have players going against your team - like I do tonight.

I think it's time to let Fuzz have a chance!

No way Prof has one.  Anyone who would release Rothlesberger and Nelson is hopeless.

Sounds like a person who can't compartmentalize -  but I hope you reconsider by the time they turn on next years league!

While your examples are of conflict - I can counter with the only reason to watch Cleveland vs (insert anyone) ---  was because of the FFleague.   

I'm as competitive as the next person, but it takes lots of luck and no injuries to succeed
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2016, 09:25:17 AM »

Sounds like a person who can't compartmentalize -  but I hope you reconsider by the time they turn on next years league!

While your examples are of conflict - I can counter with the only reason to watch Cleveland vs (insert anyone) ---  was because of the FFleague.   

I'm as competitive as the next person, but it takes lots of luck and no injuries to succeed

I can compartmentalize, but that doesn't mean I want to.  Easier to not root for competing interests.

Also - having a "reason" to watch Cleveland play isn't really a wonderful thing in my book.

I have a friend who quit doing Fantasy Football about a year after I started doing it.  His reasons for stopping are just about identical to why I'm tired of it.  He was in the Playoffs every year, and won it often.  He hasn't started it up again.  This tells me he may be onto something.

The first 4-5 weeks this year I was kicking myself in the arse for doing it again.  I am glad it's over.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2016, 10:06:16 AM »

You are sounding like Michael Moore and the rest of the sore loosing Democrats.

It doesn't take up that much time and allows for some friendly trash talking and dialog.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »

You are sounding like Michael Moore and the rest of the sore loosing Democrats.

It doesn't take up that much time and allows for some friendly trash talking and dialog.

LOL - I've been in the playoffs and mostly in the Finals every year and every league I've been in.

How many times did I win the most games and score the most points?

If you think I am being a sore loser - when I am probably the model franchise of success - the Patriots of Monroe Talks - go ahead and think that.

Maybe if there WAS some trash talk I would hang around! 

I TRIED to get you and Brian to trash talk - but none to be had!

My reasons are my reasons - but lack of success is clearly NOT the reason.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2016, 02:50:28 PM »

LOL.....what a blowhard, and I'm saying that kiddingly.

I could see it taking up too much time if you are in more than one league.....this is the first and only I have ever participated in.

and BTW.....me and Brian were doing some trash talking face to face, and in private text messages.  We didn't let you in on it so you wouldn't get a big head and think you had that kind of influence.

I was messin'........I enjoy your participation in this league, it keeps me from venting on Prof!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »

I don't think I ever mentioned time as a factor.

Glad you enjoy it, and I hope you continue to enjoy it for years.

I think I'm just going to enjoy Football from the angle of watching Michigan run over the B1G, and watch the Lions become a powerhouse in the NFC under their new competent GM.

Maybe start catching some road games again......  that would be the ticket!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2016, 06:22:03 PM »

Gotcha.....I thought you had eluded to time earlier.  This was my fourth season overall and I agree that it does have an impact on how you watch and monitor games.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »

Contrats to our winner this season   Dudley Serious   

Runner up Midget Pimps   
Consolation bracket winner Whit's Hit Men

I'll be back when next season's  site is up and running - hope to see you all then!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ckirish

• Hero Talker
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »

Thank you Professor
This has always been an interesting league.Plenty of banter.

Fantasy football is just that... a fantasy. Its something I do for fun, and I don't take it too seriously. I love the game of football but I gave up on the Lions years ago and started following the Browns, a team as dysfuntional as the Lions.That is reason enough to play ff.
Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."

Ayn Rand

Annoy a Liberal, marry the opposite sex!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2017, 06:51:58 PM »

Thank you Professor
This has always been an interesting league.Plenty of banter.

Fantasy football is just that... a fantasy. Its something I do for fun, and I don't take it too seriously. I love the game of football but I gave up on the Lions years ago and started following the Browns, a team as dysfuntional as the Lions.That is reason enough to play ff.

LOL  that's my other thread  - who's your second team if you are a Lions fan...   

You picked the Browns?   I hope that was long ago - when they were the Baltimore Ravens version!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up