MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Looking for a good old fashioned recipe for dumplings.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a good old fashioned recipe for dumplings.  (Read 1584 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Looking for a good old fashioned recipe for dumplings.
« on: July 07, 2016, 08:24:05 AM »

We've been overrun with blackcaps this year so my wife made them with dumplings yesterday.  She just used one of what I call the online 'quickie' recipes...

They turned out pretty good but the dumplings were not anything like my Grandma used to make. 

I don't know if there is any difference between dumplings on desserts (I know they do them for blueberries for sure) and the ones that go on mainline dishes.

I think they all 'cook' by being on top of the boiling juices underneath.

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Looking for a good old fashioned recipe for dumplings.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:05:20 AM »

My Grandma use to make a lot of stuff that nobody will be able to duplicate.  The know how, skill and ingredients aren't avail anymore.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »

My Grandma use to make a lot of stuff that nobody will be able to duplicate.  The know how, skill and ingredients aren't avail anymore.

My wife has a lot of my Mom's old recipes but not so many of either of our Grandmothers.  It was actually my aunt I guess that made the great blackcap dumplings. 

I agree with you that a lot of the good old stuff got lost along the way.

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »

We have recipe's that are on index cards - with faded pencil - I probably should digitize and redo them before some of those are lost -   Nothing for dumplings,  mainly christmas cookie variations and pies as I sort through them.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: [1]   Go Up