MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Parenting > Any fellow work at home moms or dads?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any fellow work at home moms or dads?  (Read 3891 times)

jenetty

• Hero Talker
  • Interested in joining a spiritual study group?
    • My Personal Website
Any fellow work at home moms or dads?
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:54:54 AM »

If so, what do you do??

Sometimes it's tough being a wahm because it's a little isolated from other adults.  I love being home with my little ones though.  Would love to hear what you do.

I have a couple projects that I do.  I work part-time as a general transcriber.  I listen to audio tapes from insurance agencies and worker's comp claim agencies.  I listen to the interviews and type them up.  It's a pretty easy job and I make roughly $500 a month. 

The other things I do is market a new affiliate type company called My Power Mall.  I really love it because you own your own free mall.  You can buy everything you need, from toilet paper to designer jeans, to car insurance and earn money back on everything you buy.  It's a fairly new business with TONS of potential so I'm excited to be in on it.  www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/7876

I also design a few websites and some other odds and ends.  I love meeting new people online.  I frequent Myspace a lot. 

So what do you do?  Please share.

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa

TPoKE

Re: Any fellow work at home moms or dads?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:59:39 AM »

I applaud you....but I could never stay at home. To afford all that we needed for our 4 kids, we both had to work, but now that my children are all adults living on their own (aside from the one still in college) I have been thinking about getting into something that I can do from home....I plan on cutting back on my work hours. How did you get started with transcribing??

I have heard from others who work online that there are quite a few things you can do online that can generate a pretty good penny for you....like those surveys. I havent tried them so I cant tell you one way or another how well it really works, I also wanna try the sercret shoppers job too, it just sounds like fun!

jenetty

• Hero Talker
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:16:21 PM »

I don't know the ins and outs of everything yet.  I'm working on it all.  :)

My favorite place to go is www.wahm.com.  It has TONS of resources for working at home.  I'm pretty sure that's where I found my transcribing job and it's definitely where I learned about My Power Mall.  I love it.  I'm there every day.
"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." - Mother Teresa

TPoKE

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »

I don't know the ins and outs of everything yet.  I'm working on it all.  :)

My favorite place to go is www.wahm.com.  It has TONS of resources for working at home.  I'm pretty sure that's where I found my transcribing job and it's definitely where I learned about My Power Mall.  I love it.  I'm there every day.

Thanks....I'm gonna check that site out.

jenetty

• Hero Talker
    • My Personal Website
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 06:30:07 PM »

Yes.  There are a lot of scams out there.  You have to be very careful about what you check into. 

I did a lot of researching before I came across the job and business I'm involved in.  www.wahm.com is NOT my website.  But it IS a fabulous resource.  It's been around for many, many years.  If you go there make sure you check out the forums and the "first stop" section.  There is hundreds of great wah resources there and most, if not all, are legitimate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up