MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Arnold Palmer passes away at 87

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arnold Palmer passes away at 87  (Read 977 times)

ckirish

• Hero Talker
Arnold Palmer passes away at 87
« on: September 26, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-arnoldpalmer-idUSKCN11W01S

Arnie took the game of golf from the elites and country clubs and gave it to the middle class.He brought exposure to the game via TV and his good looks and go for broke mentality made him one of the most respected names in sports.....Watching Arnie  got me into the game of golf and I was proud to be a member of "Arnie's Army".He will always be "The King" of golf.
Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."

Ayn Rand

Annoy a Liberal, marry the opposite sex!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Arnold Palmer passes away at 87
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »

Same here.......I enjoyed the gamesmanship between him, Nicholas, and Gary Player......Chi Chi as well.

Read a good piece on him today and his influence on the Senior PGA.  I went to the TPC in Dearborn several times to watch those guys play.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Arnold Palmer passes away at 87
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 10:12:26 PM »

I too enjoyed watching Palmer and Co.  at the TPC in Dearborn!   
Missed seeing him at the Masters this past year - he was there for the closing ceremony however.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: [1]   Go Up