MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Missing Persons / Amber Alerts > 83 yr old woman missing from North Shores area of La Salle Twsp

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 83 yr old woman missing from North Shores area of La Salle Twsp  (Read 1896 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Sounds like she went for a walk.  There is a lot of open space as well as some pretty overgrown areas within a mile walk of there.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20170616/sheriff-deputies-searching-for-missing-woman
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: 83 yr old woman missing from North Shores area of La Salle Twsp
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 04:31:26 PM »

We had to go to Luna Pier this morning so drove home along the lake and did see at least one helicopter flying in the area.  Just checked the Monroe News website and no news on her. 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »

TV11 just lead off with the story. This can't be good.  They've had all day to look for her and nothing has turned up.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 05:13:08 PM »

I suspect she wandered off and got lost.  Hope she's found ok.  The heat is hard on old farts like you and me...
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 06:20:45 PM »

TV11 now reporting she has been located and will spend evening with relatives

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 09:31:42 AM »

TV11 now reporting she has been located and will spend evening with relatives

Glad they found her in good condition.  Maybe they need to put a GPS tether on her as one article I saw says she has walked away like this before.  Not sure exactly where she was last seen but from one map I saw she was about half a mile down S. Otter Creek Rd. from Lake Erie. 

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 12:08:40 PM »

So glad they found her. One article said she was stuck in mud and water, up to her waist. Now, it is up to her family to protect her, keep her safe, and not let this happen again.
everyday is a new beginning....

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 12:43:56 PM »

It is very difficult watching someone close to you age and succumb to short or long term dementia where even the slightest of trauma causes total confusion for them.  Tough decisions on how to care for them.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »

It is very difficult watching someone close to you age and succumb to short or long term dementia where even the slightest of trauma causes total confusion for them.  Tough decisions on how to care for them.

I saw an article (read so many I forgot where now) that she has wandered away at least one time before this.  No mention of driving away incidents so probably they took her keys away...   hard to tie her down though!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »

I wonder if Google has seen a big rush of searches for 'phragmites' coming from SE Michigan in the last few hours ;) ;) ;)

Good job Deputy Don!

He actually stopped to talk to me for a few minutes a couple of weeks ago (no, not in his uniform or patrol vehicle)!!!  Great guy I've know for years.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/monroe-county-deputies-rescue-woman-entangled-in-phragmites

Pages: [1]   Go Up