MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association  (Read 12003 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »

Still don't know where this figure came from.  The fund is close to $20 Billion.
If they can draw only 4% interest, that is $800,000,000.00 per year.
Add that to the premiums charged from policy holders. 
Mind boggling.

Maybe not, but the individual politicians make a lot from lobbyist.
And I don't trust the system enough to believe the State isn't getting something under the table.

I think I got if from the MCCA website...   sorry I'll double check
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2019, 10:47:26 AM »

Sticking it to us some more.   Raising fee to $220 per vehicle. 
http://eblade.toledoblade.com/.pf/emailed/140104/1/20190328055

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2019, 12:04:31 PM »

New Gov.   maybe will listen

The idea that they pay all expenses as billed is a fraud to taxpayers... 

None of the individual insurance companies would ever do business without negotiating a fee schedule to control costs!   But as a member of the MCCA board they hide behind the fact the law doesn't  "REQUIRE" them to contain costs...   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »

Yes they should force them to adopt the Blue Cross payment schedule. That would save billions.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2019, 06:27:00 PM »

How about instituting some rules that if you don't have insurance - you don't draw off the fund?

I'm not talking about for passengers - I'm talking about people who operate vehicles without insurance.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2019, 08:34:01 PM »

Was talking to a lady tonight in Detroit at a HS ballgame.  He son was slightly injured in an auto.  He went to an urgent care facility that billed Mich No Fault $750.  The going rate for finger splints.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2019, 06:19:57 AM »

Sticking it to us some more.   Raising fee to $220 per vehicle. 
http://eblade.toledoblade.com/.pf/emailed/140104/1/20190328055

220 bucks a year is more than I pay for the insurance on my motorcycle.  The MCCA fee has exceeded the cost of the policy now.

I see 'insurance reform' in Michigan has stalled in the lame arse government in Lansing.  Between Whitlesses gas tax, and the MCCA, people will be leaving this sorry state in droves again.

Now we are the ONLY state in the Republic that imposes the stupid unlimited medical coverage.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2019, 06:20:31 AM »

Yes they should force them to adopt the Blue Cross payment schedule. That would save billions.

Duh...... ;D

I probably should clarify.  My comment wasn't meant to be an insult, more of a 'yeah baby' comment.  If it's good for hospitals and doctors (taking BC assignment on negotiated rates.  It's good for MCCA too.  If they went that route, I'd have no issue with MCCA because the surcharge would actually be reasonable.  Right now, it's insane and of course Whittless condones it.  I want to puke every time I see her mug in the paper.  I'm up there with crooked and stupid politicians and that includes your co chairman or whatever he is.  He needs to be removed or censured for his actions.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:02:04 AM by SidecarFlip »

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2019, 10:31:29 AM »

I read a quote from Zorn last week saying "all the people he has talked to favors Michigans wonderful no-fault".. I sent his office an email and told him to quit lying to us.  We know better.  Haven't heard back from him.  I copied Sheppard who says he's talking about eliminating nofault.  Talk is cheap though.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2019, 10:57:00 AM »

I read a quote from Zorn last week saying "all the people he has talked to favors Michigans wonderful no-fault".. I sent his office an email and told him to quit lying to us.  We know better.  Haven't heard back from him.  I copied Sheppard who says he's talking about eliminating nofault.  Talk is cheap though.

Zorn is so full of excretement his eyes are brown....  Every time he moves his lips, he lies.  I wish Doug Spade had gotten that seat instead of Zorn.  Spade is honest and forthright, Zorn is like Muller's report, a 'Nothingburger'.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2019, 05:20:43 PM »

I'm resigned to them never getting rid of no fault.

They could institute a fee schedule for medical reimbursement.

They could institute that if you aren't insured - you don't get paid out of the fund.

They could institute that out of State Drivers are reimbursed by their own insurance policy.

They could go after the fraud.  Getting in a wreck doesn't mean you won the lotto.

They could cut out all the suing that is going on - that makes no fault not no fault.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2019, 05:28:11 PM »

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20190329/sheppard-bellino-push-for-no-fault-auto-insurance-repeal

They need to vote on this bill today.  Whitmer needs to sign it.

No more screwing around.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2019, 06:19:38 PM »

Politicians get to much money from everyone that touches the fund.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2019, 07:52:41 PM »

I think we need to change Dale Zorn's name to Dale Scorn. ;D

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

I'm resigned to them never getting rid of no fault.

They could institute a fee schedule for medical reimbursement.

They could institute that if you aren't insured - you don't get paid out of the fund.

They could institute that out of State Drivers are reimbursed by their own insurance policy.

They could go after the fraud.  Getting in a wreck doesn't mean you won the lotto.

They could cut out all the suing that is going on - that makes no fault not no fault.

It's not your fault that it's no fault...lol  $220.00 per year per vehicle is insane.  That is more than I pay for my entire premium for my motorcycle.

We need to go to a Tort system like Colorado did.  I see their premiums dropped an average of 35%
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up