MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association  (Read 6233 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Michigan Catastrophic Claims Association
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2017, 09:22:57 AM »

I've been waiting for the response from the elected politicians... I guess they are speechless to defend the lack of fiscal accountablility
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »

At this point it's not looking real positive that we're going to see any real reduction in our auto insurance anytime soon :( :( :(

http://www.ourmidland.com/news/article/Bill-to-reduce-Michigan-auto-insurance-premiums-12277836.php
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 08:03:41 AM »

At this point it's not looking real positive that we're going to see any real reduction in our auto insurance anytime soon :( :( :(

http://www.ourmidland.com/news/article/Bill-to-reduce-Michigan-auto-insurance-premiums-12277836.php

I think their target it to get 30 billion in the bank first...  then maybe they'll consider things like negotiate medical pricing and save us a dollar.

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 09:27:57 AM »

The whole automobile medical insurance racket needs to be eliminated and accountability established for what is in the fund now. 

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 06:42:00 PM »

No kidding.

I see all the medical concerns have been running ads to convince us that paying top top top dollar is the only way to go.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2017, 10:18:47 PM »

And all the other states have the opposite opinion..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »

No kidding.

I see all the medical concerns have been running ads to convince us that paying top top top dollar is the only way to go.

Well just 'who' would know what is better for you than some 'medical concern'...

I'm sure they're all about healthy people and none of them are even thinking about future profits 8* 8* 8*

Remember Allstate's long running ad campaign:

We've never had Allstate insurance...   I remember when they used to be part of Sears and Bof***...

actually went in one day to their office in the local Sears store...   about 7 or 8 people in line ahead of us so we all got to talking.  One other couple was there looking to switch and the rest were there to complain.  Most common complaint was within 6 months of them switching for the 'lower' rates they found their rates 'jacked' up to more than they were paying at their former company.  We left!!!!!!!

We didn't ever switch agents (still have the same agent my wife had when she was 16 years old although they have switched us from one company to another along the way (independent agent makes sense to me).

Anyway, and yes, I know I've already posted about this once or maybe even twice.  When I was in Florida right after the hurricane hit I saw the Allstate disaster team before I saw any other really visible response.  They had a huge motorhome towing a large generator with a satellite dish mounted right on top.  They were set up in the mall across the corner from us.  Always lots of people milling around every time I went by although I did eventually figure out some of those were people that were just charging their phones.  They also had about 6 porta johns set up behind the generator.  I started wondering if they bring them along of if the porta john business is that flexible to just be able to bring in johns right after a hurricane?  Why didn't the johns all blow away?

Anyway, Allstate eventually parted ways with Sears and I actually got to be pretty good friends with a couple of the local agents (Monroe and Temperance). 

Even though the adjuster was at our place on a Sunday morning right after I left we still haven't heard back from them.  At this point we're planning on just repairing and then selling.  Looking more and more like that's going to be my 'winter' project.  Our insurance is up for renewal sometime in November so I will at least be talking with the local Allstate agent down there!

Our current insurance is from an independent that is literally within walking distance.  Our youngest daughter had stopped to find out about filing a claim and they literally told her that it would be a few days.  Their roof was damaged in the storm and they 'had to' get their roof fixed first before they could start processing claim applications.  I'm guessing that is part of what is taking so long :( :( :(

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2017, 10:16:06 AM »

Very interesting article which appears to be straightforward and unbiased:

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20171022/news/642726/how-michigans-auto-insurance-premiums-became-the-highest-in-the-country?ito=939&itq=e75faa3a-da5b-4c1c-aa81-8fdf9c359202&itx%5Bidio%5D=1776004

And they shrug their shoulders in our State Legislation...     It will likely take a statewide Proposal to get action!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2017, 09:22:49 AM »

And they shrug their shoulders in our State Legislation...     It will likely take a statewide Proposal to get action!

I thought there was a proposal going at one time.  I signed several petitions on Labor Day at the end of the bridge walk. 

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »

I'm guessing the opoid crisis is requiring all their time..It's the PC thing to do

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2017, 09:18:44 AM »

I'm guessing the opoid crisis is requiring all their time..It's the PC thing to do

Oh, they've been working on it...  they're just not getting anywhere!

"I would put the blame on the people who are making tens of millions of dollars gouging Michigan consumers," Duggan said. "And they got too many votes on both sides of the aisle, as they have, and we need to come back with a new strategy and a new approach."

http://www.ourmidland.com/news/article/House-bid-intensifies-to-reduce-auto-insurance-12327160.php

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2017, 10:13:52 AM »

They just need to eliminate it..The 10 or 20 billion in the fund should take care of all the people that have been promised a big payout..  And while they are at it they need to eliminate full time legislatures.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2017, 10:40:19 AM »

They at least need to establish a price schedule comparable to payouts from health insurance companies for the same services.

That is kind of the biggest indicator that they are all bought and paid off.

They wont even do the simple thing - so we all pay top dollar for all the services performed.

Crazy.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »

And i have auto insurance and health insurance but i have to pay a few hunderd dollars a year into this slush fund.  I have to wonder what this fund is supporting and who is borrowing the money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up