MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Outraged Mom Says TSA Treated Family "Like Dogs" at DFW Airport

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Outraged Mom Says TSA Treated Family "Like Dogs" at DFW Airport  (Read 575 times)

voter

• New Talker

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: Outraged Mom Says TSA Treated Family "Like Dogs" at DFW Airport
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:36:49 AM »

Outraged Mom Says TSA Treated Family "Like Dogs" at DFW Airport

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/klbk-news/outraged-mom-says-tsa-treated-family-like-dogs-at-dfw-airport/681876454

The first question I have is how did the family only spend 45 minutes in the TSA line and still miss their flight?  All the instructions I have seen clearly state that passengers should arrive 2 hours prior to their flight...   I assume the 2 hour window is for situations just like this. 

Since the mother was already aware that the son had issues with being patted down perhaps she should have taken steps to get him pre screened and approved so he could bypass some of the in line screening steps.  I'm no expert but in the video I didn't see anything different than what I've observed at Toledo Express.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 07:43:13 AM »

If you don't want to get there early enough for the safety check - pay the $$ and get the pre check...    then you can leave your laptop in the bag.   

Ignore the rules - and you'll get pulled aside -   

last thing I ever think of is "hey let me whip out my cellphone and capture the moment"  but some people want their 15 minutes of fame in odd ways now.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Newport-Bill

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »

I travel a bit and lately have been getting selected for TSA pre-check even though I never bought it.  A trip a few months back there is a guy two in front of me that when he gets to the scanning machines the TSA guy tells him he is the "random lucky one" that has to do the normal belt off, shoes off, etc. and go through the phone boot tube scanning device rather than the metal detector.  The guy starts to throw a fit.  They calmly try to explain but he gets even more belligerent.  A second agent comes over and again calmly talks to him.  He gets even louder and animated.  Finally he takes his shoes off and throws them threw the scanning machine.  At that point the supervisor and other agents arrive and he goes for a little walk.  I said to the guy in front of me - looks like its cavity search time!  If he only just complied he would have been through it quickly.  He already saved time with shorter line and not having to take liquids and laptop out of bags.
Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »

I'd say most people cause their own problems.
I don't get the pre screening thing.  The last time we went to Az from DTW an agent came up to my 40+ yr old daug and said she could go thru the pre screen line. 
And then leaving Phoenix i saw a sign that said people over 75 don't have to take their shoes off.. so I didn't..The agent tells me to take my shoes off..I told him the sign said i didn't have to...He then says you have to be 75.   I said you have my ID...He didn't like that but i got thru..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »

I don't fly anywhere but if I did, I'd follow the rules.  People whine way too much.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 10:28:02 AM »

It's the latest news trend topic.  " Oh I was mistreated at the airport " Or " I was only kind of an *** and I got kicked off of my flight"
Suck it up Buttercup. Of you want to fly to your destination keep your mouth shut, your hands to yourself and DONT spend your pre boarding time in the airport bar.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:00 AM »

It's the latest news trend topic.  " Oh I was mistreated at the airport " Or " I was only kind of an *** and I got kicked off of my flight"
Suck it up Buttercup. Of you want to fly to your destination keep your mouth shut, your hands to yourself and DONT spend your pre boarding time in the airport bar.

Wellshit!  I never thought of that.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 11:25:32 AM »

I don't fly anywhere but if I did, I'd follow the rules.  People whine way too much.

Yep,  I think there are too many agents looking for a person to harass..it's the good cop bad cop syndrome..Just keep your cool for 5 minutes.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »

I enjoy standing in the "Pre Check" line when I get selected for "Special Screening" waiting for them to find an agent that knows what "Opt Out" means.

You have to stand their very calmly, explaining to them over and over, again very calmly, as they become more and more agitated that you wont go into their super duper x ray machine that is never calibrated.  Some of them think you MUST follow their order to go into the X Ray machine or else.  Nope - I opt out.  No thanks.

Keeping calm and cool as they lose their mind and start to threaten you is the key.  Just keep saying "opt out" and occasionally point out the fact that you PAID for "Pre Check" and had a back ground check done so you didn't have to go into that machine - which it is your RIGHT not to - and you will patiently wait for them to find an agent to give you a very thorough pat down.

Sooner or later an agent that knows you don't have to go through the machine will show up, be polite, and give you a half hearted pat down and send you on the way.

It is pretty entertaining how many TSA agents get upset when you wont go through their fancy machine.

The key is to keep calm, no matter how irrational they get.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »

I think you're onto something there Mav...

anything related to airlines and flying seems to be popular for them to do a quick video and post it to YouTube just to see how many views they can run up. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 09:14:32 PM »

I travel a bit and lately have been getting selected for TSA pre-check even though I never bought it.  A trip a few months back there is a guy two in front of me that when he gets to the scanning machines the TSA guy tells him he is the "random lucky one" that has to do the normal belt off, shoes off, etc. and go through the phone boot tube scanning device rather than the metal detector.  The guy starts to throw a fit.  They calmly try to explain but he gets even more belligerent.  A second agent comes over and again calmly talks to him.  He gets even louder and animated.  Finally he takes his shoes off and throws them threw the scanning machine.  At that point the supervisor and other agents arrive and he goes for a little walk.  I said to the guy in front of me - looks like its cavity search time!  If he only just complied he would have been through it quickly.  He already saved time with shorter line and not having to take liquids and laptop out of bags.

I posted about that last fall when my wife was flying back and forth to Florida all too often...   she had the pre check on her boarding pass and she literally bypassed a very long line at Toledo Express and pretty much walked through...   she did still have to send her bag through the xray machine.  The only thing we could figure is that their computer 'knows' she had been somewhat of a regular and it was always on that same flight.  We never did really figure out the 'why or how' of it but it did make her trip a little easier.  She was always there early anyway but still nice not to have to stand in a long line. 

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 09:22:24 PM »

I get pre check out of Detroit regularly - never seem to get lucky leaving Tampa or Atlanta...   debated on paying for the TSA pre check but I'm not usually going to the airport except to travel and not sure where or how long it takes at the office... 

Its funny to see people who don't pay attention to the signs or actually read the TSA policies on what is and isnt permissible -     
Three times I've been pulled aside - one for a bathtub spout (funny story) the other for a stone/candle gift last christmas, and long time ago a golf range finder...   things they probably see more now - but at the time it was new.     Right after 911  my laptop was swabbed - some random check they said.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »

I get pre check out of Detroit regularly - never seem to get lucky leaving Tampa or Atlanta...   debated on paying for the TSA pre check but I'm not usually going to the airport except to travel and not sure where or how long it takes at the office... 

Its funny to see people who don't pay attention to the signs or actually read the TSA policies on what is and isnt permissible -     
Three times I've been pulled aside - one for a bathtub spout (funny story) the other for a stone/candle gift last christmas, and long time ago a golf range finder...   things they probably see more now - but at the time it was new.     Right after 911  my laptop was swabbed - some random check they said.

I would venture a guess that they still don't see a lot of bathtub spouts ;D ;D ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 09:47:29 PM »

The outraged Mom is going to be even more outraged if she flies again anytime soon...   saw an article yesterday that TSA was doing more thorough screenings as of yesterday if you're not on a pre-check list.  Detroit Metro had actually been one of the test facilities for the new procedures.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up