MonroeTalks.com > Categories > People > Honorably discharged veterans will soon get to shop tax-free

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honorably discharged veterans will soon get to shop tax-free  (Read 1477 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

I saw an article on this several months ago and then it had kind of slipped my mind.  I'm sure they won't have the selection that Amazon or Walmart have but it should still be a viable option for some mainstream products.

I started the registration process last night but I've already hit a wall...   guess I'm too old to have had my discharge info digitized so the computer couldn't find me.  I have my DD 214 here (somewhere) so I'll just scan it and upload (from what I'm reading on the site) and they should be able to allow my access in 3-4 days.  However apparently it will be November 11th (Veteran's Day) before we can actually start placing orders. 

http://www.monroenews.com/zz/shareable/20170720/honorably-discharged-veterans-will-soon-get-to-shop-tax-free
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Honorably discharged veterans will soon get to shop tax-free
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 11:33:40 AM »

Cool. I'll have to do the same thing. Perhaps if you get a veteran ID it will get digitized. I've been wanting to do that but never get near a VA office with my DD214

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:12:59 PM »

Cool. I'll have to do the same thing. Perhaps if you get a veteran ID it will get digitized. I've been wanting to do that but never get near a VA office with my DD214

I ended up taking my DD214 when I went to renew my drivers license and got the Veteran endorsement on that.  I've used it several places that needed to confirm I was an honorably discharged veteran and no one has questioned or denied it.  It's actually in bright red letters so hard to miss.  It was no additional cost as long as you're at your normal 'due for renewal' date.  I was glad to see they required a DD214 because when I went in to get my veteran's plate for my vehicle they never even asked about it...   so I asked if they would just give a veteran's plate to anyone?  The gal smiled and said they would give one to anyone with an extra $25!!!  Apparently they don't care as long as you show them your money :-\ :-\ :-\
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »

My license expires in December. I'll make a note on google cal to go to agency with my DD214.
Pages: [1]   Go Up