MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Tesla

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Tesla  (Read 7016 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Tesla
« on: November 17, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »

never could figure out how the business model works...  but apparently rich greenies have lots of money they don't need so they give it to Tesla?

How do you get someone to give you $250K for a vehicle that they will deliver in 2020?

http://fortune.com/2017/11/17/tesla-ambition-drain-finances-analysts/
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Tesla
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:55:50 AM »

Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 11:15:33 AM »

And it reminds me of the ...  look squirrel...  mentality! 

Can't make more than 3 cars a day right now -  but they are breaking out the race car and Semi intro's   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »

Muskmelon / Tesla is heavily subsidized by the government (aka: you and me with no choice), much like the corn distillers, so, they both can act with big pockets and aren't doomed to fail.

Very poor business model IMO but, poor or not, it works for now.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »

I don't think I'm totaly against the government helping a start up if there appears to be great potential in the product..But at some point the business needs to produce or close up.  And in no way should a business be paying out huge wages and bonuses to owners/employees.

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 08:19:45 AM »

Professor H hit it pretty spot on.   Finish something right, then move onto the next.  Though with all the things they've got in the works, if they hit on one they could really make it big I guess.

That said, you may not see many around here but in other parts of the country the cars are very commonly seen.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 06:36:17 PM »

Muskmelon / Tesla is heavily subsidized by the government (aka: you and me with no choice), much like the corn distillers, so, they both can act with big pockets and aren't doomed to fail.

Very poor business model IMO but, poor or not, it works for now.

I wonder why Trump hasn't pulled the government plug on him yet......probably knows Elon would kickhissass in a Twitter war.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 09:04:46 PM »

I wonder why Trump hasn't pulled the government plug on him yet......probably knows Elon would kickhissass in a Twitter war.

Simple answer.  Musk is Space X.  He's our shuttle provider.  Musk would never kickhisass on twitter.  Trump is king there.

I suspect that at some point in the future, Musk will turn into another DeLorean.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 08:54:04 AM »

Say what you want, but I love the Tesla.  They are fun driving and riding in.  I will be in one going thru Monroe County in March.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 10:15:43 AM »

I like a smooth ride and lots of speed, but i also love the deep sound of the old powerhouse V8's

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »

Musk and Trump have alot in common.

They both like firing people.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 09:20:48 PM »

Musk and Trump have alot in common.

They both like firing people.

Trump is a successful businessman unlike Musk who is a player in the shadows.  Tesla is nothing more than a huge ponzi scheme.

No way would I ever consider buying a 60 grand toaster on wheels.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 07:04:36 PM »

The Tesla vehicle market was targeting rich greenies -  with their pay up front scheme I don't know many who can afford.   It may be a nice car - but without the ability to see one and test drive/kick the tires - I don't see it making the mainstream purchaser.

The federal tax rebates were reaching their limits -  doubt they will be renewed. 

They can't make more than 3 cars (recently reported troubles) a day of their cheap model (30k base price) 
Not sure who's looking for the super fast version - or how much you have to give them for a few years for the option to purchase
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 07:26:33 PM »

I would think every tree hugging living breathing liberal would be buying one of these..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 08:35:47 PM »

I would think every tree hugging living breathing liberal would be buying one of these..

Kind of a dilemma actually.  Tree Hugging Uber Liberals for the most part aren't overly flush.  People that buy into the Tesla thing are wannabe tree huggers that conveniently forget where the extension cord that is charging up there 'green' Tesla is getting it's juice from.

Musk is an opportunist and not much more.  If I wanted a 'green' car, I'd buy a Prius.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up