MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Tesla

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Tesla  (Read 21559 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Tesla
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:39:52 PM »

The Tesla vehicle market was targeting rich greenies -  with their pay up front scheme I don't know many who can afford.   It may be a nice car - but without the ability to see one and test drive/kick the tires - I don't see it making the mainstream purchaser.

The federal tax rebates were reaching their limits -  doubt they will be renewed. 

They can't make more than 3 cars (recently reported troubles) a day of their cheap model (30k base price) 
Not sure who's looking for the super fast version - or how much you have to give them for a few years for the option to purchase

I've seen some of the 'quality' workmanship underneath of a Tesla and unless it's greatly improved, I'm not impressed, but then skilled workers are a premium in a state where techno geeks live.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 09:21:57 AM »

And my friend who owns one of the S models - claims it has regenerative brakes - and very few moving parts for service or maintenance... 

I just can't see 60K to save a little on maintenance - and you can buy a boatload of gas for 30K
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »

And my friend who owns one of the S models - claims it has regenerative brakes - and very few moving parts for service or maintenance... 

I just can't see 60K to save a little on maintenance - and you can buy a boatload of gas for 30K

Probably does.  DC motors have that feature built in.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »

60K?  I don't think you can buy a Model S for 60K.

They start at 68K - and as you know everyone wants options.....
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »

What options come with a toaster on wheels?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »

What options come with a toaster on wheels?

Oh.....  little things.....  like a bigger battery that does what they advertise.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 10:57:55 AM »

Probably got the Federal government subsidy of 7500...   

This guy is looking at the next gen with the self driving option (10K) 
like I said rich greenies...   

He did tell me I could get 4 sets of clubs in the vehicle :)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2017, 11:20:38 AM »

Probably got the Federal government subsidy of 7500...   

This guy is looking at the next gen with the self driving option (10K) 
like I said rich greenies...   

He did tell me I could get 4 sets of clubs in the vehicle :)

LOL - built with Government money, and then the buy is subsidized with more Government dollars.

I hope he is willing to wait for the "new" car.

Elon isn't very good at building them.

Oh - and this "green" guy also puts rockets up.  That is a totally "green" endeavor.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »

i think before it's over with Trump is going to put an end to this crook

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2017, 11:27:56 AM »

i think before it's over with Trump is going to put an end to this crook

I hope so.

Elon is just another jet setting Liberal Hypocrite - only he survives on our tax dollars to fund his genius endeavors.

He doesn't make money on any of them - yet he has unlimited dollars to always continue doing it.  How does that work?

And the Liberal "Greenie" sheep stand in line to but up his subsidized crap.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 01:58:30 PM »

Once the government 'help out' goes away, so does Musk.

People don't understand (and maybe don't want to) is that incentive money is tax dollars, it ain't free.

I'd like to see that apply to ethanol producers as well.  Then, they'd go tits up too.  Neither business is sustainable without tax dollar infusions.

I will say that I give Musk credit for being an opportunist.  He saw the opportunity and is milking it for all it's worth (which is a gob).

Let the incentives lapse and that will take care of the whole business.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 11:43:54 AM »

I see he made his big battery for Australia - so he can collect $50million... from their government. 

Its not like they were putting batteries in cars they were making!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 04:57:17 PM »

Like I said, an opportunist.... ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »

I see Pepsi pre-ordered 100 of their semi tractors!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »

I see Pepsi pre-ordered 100 of their semi tractors!

Must be a lot of money in carbonated beverages...

UPS went that route (electric delivery vans) didn't pan out too well.    Could you imagine an electric semi tractor up here with all the road salt and cacl.  All of that stuff with water makes an excellent conductor and it's corrosive too.

18 wheeled toaster...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up