MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Tesla

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Tesla  (Read 14254 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Tesla
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »

Hoping the petition started by Brian Calley gets enough signatures to get on the ballot to put Mich legislature to part time.  I received a petition to collect signatures and have it filled and ready to return.

On Labor Day when I finished the Bridge walk there were several tents set up in the 'cool down' area where they were doing all sorts of petitions.  I signed one there from one of the grass roots organizations and then never heard anything more about it.  Must not have gotten enough signatures :-\ :-\ :-\
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2017, 10:26:16 AM »

More on the planning for the Tesla pickup!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2017/12/27/tesla-pickup/108938380/

Bet those Tesla's (and the rest of the toasters) don't do well in this cold snap....  Batteries don't perform well in very cold temperatures.

My BIL saw a Tesla SUV the other day.  I looked up the price on the Tesla site.  How about $128,800.00. OTD.

I don't think so.  I'm not that flush.  Are you?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »

On Labor Day when I finished the Bridge walk there were several tents set up in the 'cool down' area where they were doing all sorts of petitions.  I signed one there from one of the grass roots organizations and then never heard anything more about it.  Must not have gotten enough signatures :-\ :-\ :-\

There are very specific guidelines set by the Board of Canvassers concerning the signing of any petition and the validation of signatures...
1.  The signer must be a registered voter
2.  The Signature must be in black or blue ink, not pencil and must include the residence address
3.  The signer has to state in what county they live in and can only sign a petition for that residence county.  IOW, if you sign a petition and you live in Monroe County and someone signs the same petition that resides in Lenawee County, ALL THE SIGNATURES ON THAT PETITION ARE NULL AND VOID.
4.  The petitioner must completely fill out the conformation in the lower right hand corner or the petition is null and void...

If it's not correct, it don't count and people are generally poor at following instructions anyway.

The one you signed, BRD, probably got round filed...

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2017, 10:37:35 AM »

Bet those Tesla's (and the rest of the toasters) don't do well in this cold snap....  Batteries don't perform well in very cold temperatures.

My BIL saw a Tesla SUV the other day.  I looked up the price on the Tesla site.  How about $128,800.00. OTD.

I don't think so.  I'm not that flush.  Are you?

Can it tow an 8000 pound trailer?
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2017, 10:43:57 AM »

There are very specific guidelines set by the Board of Canvassers concerning the signing of any petition and the validation of signatures...
2.  The Signature must be in black or blue ink, not pencil and must include the residence address
3.  The signer has to state in what county they live in and can only sign a petition for that residence county.  IOW, if you sign a petition and you live in Monroe County and someone signs the same petition that resides in Lenawee County, ALL THE SIGNATURES ON THAT PETITION ARE NULL AND VOID.
4.  The petitioner must completely fill out the conformation in the lower right hand corner or the petition is null and void...

If it's not correct, it don't count and people are generally poor at following instructions anyway.

No idea...   It didn't make it to the ballot is all I know at this point.

When I got to the front of the line (not real long but it was steady) they asked what County I lived in and sent me to the proper person.  A cute young gal (student from U of M).  She asked me which municipality and I told her LaSalle Township and that she probably wouldn't have any others from LaSalle.  She found the right file folder and I was actually the 4th or 5th signer.  I recognized the other names but hadn't seen any of them on the bridge.

I don't remember what color ink they were using though!!!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2017, 10:44:32 AM »

Nailed it...Everyone that signed mine is valid and lives in Bedford Twsp..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2017, 11:53:23 AM »

Can it tow an 8000 pound trailer?

Nor sure.  Probably can for a little ways at least until the battery gets too low...  or something structural fails.  I've heard their assembly and welding isn't all that great.

For a hundred grand you can buy a full loaded with every option, F350 Ford King Ranch turbo diesel 4x4 that will easily handle the trailer.  Still too much money but more practical in my view.

With the influx of electrics by the established players, Ford, GM, BMW, Audi, Porsche and everyone else plus hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, the playing field is going to get real crowded, real fast and I don't see Tesla surviving.  The have a captive (so to speak) market right now but that is about to change in the coming year.  Musk needs to divest himself of Tesla and concentrate on Space-X, until at least Trump ramps up the space program and NASA starts launching their own vehicles again and eliminates Space-X.

IMO, Musk is an opportunist but lacks foresight.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2017, 12:29:48 PM »

Musk is an expert at taking tax dollars for his own benefit.

I hope Trump stops crony capitalism, but we shall see.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2017, 05:23:19 PM »

Musk is an expert at taking tax dollars for his own benefit.

I hope Trump stops crony capitalism, but we shall see.

Musk is going to hang himself with his own device..  The Tesla, once everyone gets on board, he's done.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »

Musk is going to hang himself with his own device..  The Tesla, once everyone gets on board, he's done.

He hit the niche that others were not.

While some car companies were concentrating on entry level, low cost, old Elon went after the Luxury People who can spend stupid money on inferior products.  Basically - he went after the Apple Demographic.

I am pretty sure that BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and others will soon offer better products that you don't have to wait two years for.

Eventually most i Phone users figure out that the Samsung is better, and they don't limit what you can download.  It will happen to old Elon too.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2018, 07:18:14 PM »

They only lost 675 million last quarter.

What does that work out to per vehicle built?

:o

Yep - Elon is going to rule the car business.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/2018/02/07/tesla-release-earnings-scrutiny-grows/110194480/
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2018, 02:18:09 PM »

Naw....that's not the goal he is after!  Perhaps the richest automaker courtesy of you , me and many others financed.   ;)
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »

Naw....that's not the goal he is after!  Perhaps the richest automaker courtesy of you , me and many others financed.   ;)

Elon doesn't do anything without Taxpayer dollars.

I was hoping Trump would put an end to it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »

Don't worry, he will since one of his campaign promises was to reduce the size of government and wasteful expenditures.  My guess is that he will leave SpaceX alone since the government has taken a back seat to commercial launching of payloads.  Saves NASA expenditures.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2018, 09:39:12 AM »

Tesla can't deliver to their customers... but had an extra car to blast off into space...   

wonder if that was a write off
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up