MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Tesla

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Tesla  (Read 10107 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Tesla
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »

Just opened a 'Tesla Supercharging Station' on Alexis in the parking lot behind Mc Dee's.   If you own a Tesla (other than the base model) and use a Tesla charging station, it costs you nothing for the life of the vehicle, it's included in the price.

My Cousin in law in Illinois bought a new Tesla SUV and I have to admit it's a sharp car.  Cannot afford one but nice to look at anyway.  Think they are way north of 1000 grand.

I was teasing him about his 'toaster on wheels'...... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2018, 11:44:17 AM »

They have some kind of deal with Meijer.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2018, 03:27:14 PM »

Tesla can't deliver to their customers... but had an extra car to blast off into space...   

wonder if that was a write off

You know it was - and no doubt the US Taxpayers paid for both the car and the Rocket that launched it into space.

Maybe he will actually start selling Roadsters someday.....?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »

They have some kind of deal with Meijer.

The last couple I've encountered have both been at Meijer.  There are two others in the Maumee - Perrysburg area of Toledo and one of them is at a Kroger store. 

Here's an interesting article from a couple of years ago about a guy in Toledo that bought 23 of them!!!

http://www.toledoblade.com/Automotive/2017/03/28/Toledo-entrepreneur-Stanley-Chlebowski-takes-delivery-of-21-Tesla-sedans.html
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2018, 10:01:32 AM »

My cousin-in-law told me that the 'Supercharger' stations charge with 480 volts, the home chargers are 220 so the Supercharger stations take about 15 minutes whereas the home chargers take about an hour.  He's got one in his garage that he plugs his into. 

I asked him about 'unauthorized charging' at the charge stations and he told me the chargers can sense if a Resla is plugged in or not, plus the plug is special.

Kind of interesting but not for me.  One, I cannot afford one and two, the range is limited.  His is about 240 miles.  It's eerie to ride in a noiseless car and the acceleration is nothing short of amazing.  It's a head ripper.  I like the gull wing doors, reminds me of a Mercedes Benz roadster and a Deloran at the same time.

It's a rich man's toy.  His is a company bought vehicle and he owns the company.

At the price point, don't ever see them becoming mainstream.  The average 'Joe' cannot afford one. 

The internal combustion engine will be around for the foreseeable future in my opinion.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2018, 07:41:18 PM »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2018, 07:49:59 PM »

If you run out of other things to do you can track the car through space!

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2018/02/website_tracks_tesla_through_s.html#incart_river_home

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2018, 07:49:56 AM »

I'd have to be extremely bored to do that. ;D  Not at that point yet....

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2018, 08:27:56 AM »

I'd have to be extremely bored to do that. ;D  Not at that point yet....

it was interesting to see the one time.  Watching the 'distance from earth' number increasing at something like 12 miles a second was neat.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »

It's not coming back?  Good.  Too bad Elon wasn't in the drivers seat...

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2018, 07:38:56 PM »

It's not coming back? Good.  Too bad Elon wasn't in the drivers seat...

Yes, it might be coming back but now while we have to think about it.  There's about an 8-10% that the orbit it's in 'may' bring it back close to earth in several hundred to several thousand years. 

That's what I was actually looking for when I found the article on the website that's tracking it. 

Right now I'm more concerned one of these cars flying by here in the dark are going to hit one of these rapidly growing potholes and take out my mailbox!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:32 PM »

Or become a monument to stupidity in your front yard....

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2018, 11:22:06 AM »

2.6 billion pay to the CEO...   

They supposedly are worth more than Ford and GM yet haven't made a profit ever!   Its stupid people throwing money at technology that when perfected will be used by Ford and GM  :)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-07/musk-s-2-6-billion-award-cheered-on-by-big-tesla-shareholders
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »

I read that as well.  I wanted to puke.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2018, 05:35:49 PM »

2.6 billion pay to the CEO...   

They supposedly are worth more than Ford and GM yet haven't made a profit ever!   Its stupid people throwing money at technology that when perfected will be used by Ford and GM  :)

Don't forget VW.  They just announced an SUV EV - and I bet you they can build all they need to.

]http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2017/11/vw-confirms-2020-u-s-launch-of-all-electric-suv/[url][/url]

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up