MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Tesla

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tesla  (Read 19302 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Tesla
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2019, 09:20:01 PM »

saw the prototype pictures, it's fugly.  Personally, I think Elon and Tesla are headed for a crash landing soon.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2019, 10:19:44 PM »

Read the other day that Elon getting his money from GM and Ford. They are paying him millions for carbon rights. What a scam

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2019, 09:25:12 AM »

Read the other day that Elon getting his money from GM and Ford. They are paying him millions for carbon rights. What a scam

Hope he isn't packing it all up his nose.....lol

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2019, 10:19:51 AM »

Seeing they hauled in another 2 truckloads of Tesla's this week.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2019, 04:26:15 PM »

Went by there the other day.  I see it says 'Tesla' on the building's front and lots of toasters everywhere...... ;D

It's as close to Michigan as they can get and still be legal.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2019, 08:18:27 PM »

I saw a funny video this week where a proud owner of a Model 3 was lamenting that hitting a small pothole shouldn't cost you two tires, two rims, an alignment, for a mere $2600.

He also observed that in the 1 hour 40 minutes while he patiently waited for Teslas road side assistance to show up that he saw many other brands hit the same pothole - and no one else had an issue.

I guess you get what you pay for.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2019, 09:29:45 PM »

I saw a funny video this week where a proud owner of a Model 3 was lamenting that hitting a small pothole shouldn't cost you two tires, two rims, an alignment, for a mere $2600.

He also observed that in the 1 hour 40 minutes while he patiently waited for Teslas road side assistance to show up that he saw many other brands hit the same pothole - and no one else had an issue.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Most likely the low aspect ratio tires.  "Sporty' cars today come with low aspect tires, IOW, no sidewall to absorb the shock of a pot hole, so the hole ruptures the tire and squares the rim too.

certainly not just a Tesla, anything with low aspect tires is suspect and they usually have fancy rims too.  So you rupture a sidewall and square a fancy rim, couple c notes fixes anything.

Like my little Focus.  Has low aspect tires (not too low though) and I'm careful about not hitting holes but when I bought it from Varsity Ford, they wanted to sell me a tire and rim warranty..  I asked how much, they said 300 a year.  I said no way. I can go to the bone and buy rims all day for it for 50 bucks and tires, maybe a c note at best.  Just another rip off.

Why I don't run low aspect tires here in Michigan, too many potholes.

Give me a 78 series tire for Michigan's crappy roads anyday.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2019, 09:32:48 PM »

Hope he isn't packing it all up his nose.....lol

Got a 'Supercharge' station right around the corner too.  In the Meijer parking lot behind McDees.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #218 on: July 13, 2019, 09:33:49 PM »

Cannot wait for Tesla's pickup truck to come out...  Toaster with a bed on the back.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2019, 06:58:50 AM »

I have the low profile run flats. Can’t wait to get rid of them. Still need lows though for clearance. But no more run flats. To hard.  I’ve blown 2 and distorted 2 mags from pot holes.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2019, 08:49:40 AM »

Most likely the low aspect ratio tires.  "Sporty' cars today come with low aspect tires, IOW, no sidewall to absorb the shock of a pot hole, so the hole ruptures the tire and squares the rim too.

certainly not just a Tesla, anything with low aspect tires is suspect and they usually have fancy rims too.  So you rupture a sidewall and square a fancy rim, couple c notes fixes anything.

Like my little Focus.  Has low aspect tires (not too low though) and I'm careful about not hitting holes but when I bought it from Varsity Ford, they wanted to sell me a tire and rim warranty..  I asked how much, they said 300 a year.  I said no way. I can go to the bone and buy rims all day for it for 50 bucks and tires, maybe a c note at best.  Just another rip off.

Why I don't run low aspect tires here in Michigan, too many potholes.

Give me a 78 series tire for Michigan's crappy roads anyday.

Tesla uses the combination of a high weight vehicle (batteries aren't light) with low profile tires (don't you just love how they look?) and narrow widths (to reduce the rolling resistance).

Probably works great down south and in California.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2019, 12:20:30 PM »

I'm aware of all that.  The Tesla battery array takes up the entire underside of the passenger compartment.  Who makes the batteries, I know you know.

Nothing beats a tank with lo-pro tires on Michigan's finest roads.

Not in my future, don't want a toaster.

At least they are assembled here, more than I can say for Ford, GM and FCA.  I was shocked to find out the Buick SUV is made in China by One Hung Loe motors...lol

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2019, 12:23:46 PM »

I have the low profile run flats. Can’t wait to get rid of them. Still need lows though for clearance. But no more run flats. To hard.  I’ve blown 2 and distorted 2 mags from pot holes.

Low aspect ratio tires look 'sporty' but in reality are useless on our roads.  I'm too old to be sporty anyway.

I have found out that Firestone Winterguard tires wear like iron,  Have them on 2 vehicles and run them all year.  Made in Canada too, not China.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »

Roads down south suck too.  The entire highway system is in disrepair, not just here.

I'm waiting for bridges to start falling down.  I'm sure they are all corroded underneath.  Unlike the Mackinaw, they never get painted.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up