MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What is going on at Ash Township

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is going on at Ash Township  (Read 3660 times)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
Re: What is going on at Ash Township
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »

Yes, Carleton is a nice little town.  It has some good people living and working there.  As a matter of fact, most communities in Monroe County are very nice - it's just the local small-town politicians that get a little power hungry that screw things up.

Educating voters and then getting them to vote is the solution.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

bibbitibobbitido

• New Talker
Re: What is going on at Ash Township
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 03:03:29 PM »

Sorry, I have not been on for some time.  The topic is not to scare residents away, it is to make them more aware.  That being said,  Has any one seen the big sign being driven and parked around the township? 

Or has anyone gone out to see the site where this 2.8 million hall is to go??????   It is under water.  The 2.8 million is going to be needed to get the pontoons for the firehall to set on due to the flooding happening there.  And then they will need barges to get the fire trucks in and out.

Did anyone read the letter to the editor from someone in Monroe Township concerned about the excessive over spending?   We have the same thing in Ash Twp.  Along with the phrase  "THE NEXT BOARD WILL BE THE ONE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PAY FOR ALL THE WORK THAT IS BEING DONE."   

Someone who was a board member asked where is all the money coming from?  There was never that kind of money before.  They must have a money tree somewhere. 

What happened to " of the people and for the people?".   All politians have forgotten that!!!!!
 it's all about what is in it for me?  How can I get rich off the little guy!!!

bibbitibobbitido

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up