MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Clean Michigan Government (www.CleanMiGovt.Org)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clean Michigan Government (www.CleanMiGovt.Org)  (Read 587 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Clean Michigan Government (www.CleanMiGovt.Org)
« on: January 18, 2018, 04:27:35 PM »

I know it sounds enviromental but it's not.

Well, in a round about way, it is, it's about 'cleaning up' the injustices in Lansing with our full time but working part time legislature

Brain Calley Candidate for Governor, has started a movement to change our full time legislature to a part time one, adjust the rate of compensation (using an average of all Michigan teachers pay) and applying that to the ACTUAL DAYS WORKED, not the 365 they now get compensated for but the actual, last year it was actually 88 days out of 365..

It will also address the benefit package and the after the fact benefit package, IOW, once the official is no longer serving, the benefits cease.

Will take 300,000 signatures of registered voters for the board of canvassers to put it on the ballot and all,ow the voters of Michigan decide.

www.cleanmigovt.org

BRD...  No, Dale Zorn is totally against it, cuts his water.  No Lansing politician will endorse a cut in their gravy train, gravy paid at the taxpayers expense.

Lets sign those petitions and get it on the ballot so the voters can decide...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:30:21 PM by SidecarFlip »
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Clean Michigan Government (www.CleanMiGovt.Org)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »

I posted in another topic that I received a petition in the mail to sign and secure other signatures. Not sure how it got to me but I did my part

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 07:09:51 PM »

I'd really like to see it make the ballot and let the voters decide.  I'm sure there will be much negative postulation by those impacted (Lansing bureaucrats).  No one wants their gravy train / applecart upset.

Just because Calley initiated it don't mean I'm a Calley voter either, but of the candidates, I do prefer him over Schutte and Gretchen.  Not sure about the Mohammad guy.  He has impeccable credentials but no political experience, which, might not be all bad.

I wonder if the same scenario could be applied to the Michigan No Fault MCCA insurance fiasco.

I guess one fight at a time is enough.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 08:08:41 PM »

Well it doesn't say much for the citizens of Michigan if this makes the ballot and they don't vote for it.
Do they think the politicians are really working for them and making their lives better?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »

Looks like the effort is dead for now.

I did sign a petition at the Labor Day bridge walk and I'll gladly sign another one...

anytime, anywhere!

This is long, long, long overdue!!!

http://www.wtol.com/story/37885262/effort-to-make-michigan-legislature-part-time-ending-for-now
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up