MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Recreational Weed

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Recreational Weed  (Read 1770 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Recreational Weed
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 12:10:43 PM »

If you are so inclined, watch this video and then decide...  It's almost an hour long but really describes what happens to a community when the MM grow and dispensary operations move in...

https://vimeo.com/280127474
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2018, 12:16:19 PM »

Candidly, I don't give to shilts either way concerning MM, or recreational MM or the legalities concerning them and I voted against the 911 surcharge like I said I was going to.  I will also vote against the Pot inititative. 

I consider it a gateway drug and watch the video and then make an informed decision.  You really want the crap, go for it.

Don't have a clue what a 'NIMBY' is and don't give a shitte about that either.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2018, 02:14:09 PM »

Vote No.

No need to encourage more drug use
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2018, 06:18:12 PM »

Guess the thing that basically bothers me about smoking dope is, as far as the government and private employers are concerned, it's a illegal drug so, if you want a job and test positive, no job and for those employed, all it takes is a random and your are done.

and...  It's neither proven or disproven that smoking dope eases some clinical symptoms of certain diseases.  In my view (and the video), smoking dope is a gateway to other drugs.

Reminds me of the Chinese opium dens and stupified people sitting around, high all the time and just being worthless.

It's not called DOPE for no reason.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2018, 07:39:10 AM »

I'm voting Yes, and wearing my Dick's Sporting Goods shirt to the precinct.  I also hope that both adjoining properties to my house are leveled and commercially grown marijuana fields are put in.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2018, 08:46:18 AM »

Candidly, I don't give to shilts either way concerning MM, or recreational MM or the legalities concerning them and I voted against the 911 surcharge like I said I was going to.  I will also vote against the Pot inititative. 

I consider it a gateway drug and watch the video and then make an informed decision.  You really want the crap, go for it.

Don't have a clue what a 'NIMBY' is and don't give a shitte about that either.

NIMBY = 'not in my back yard'. 

I don't 'want' it but rather I think adults should be able to make their own decisions about life and things that impact their own life.

I think the government has plenty of projects they could be doing a better job on (road repair for one major example) and should drop the efforts and uses of tax money to regulate marijuana.  The government has been at 'war' over it most of my life and they're obviously losing the war but continue to ramp up more tax money to 'fight' and regulate it. 

Where are all the 'lower taxes' people on this topic.  There could be major savings at every level if they truly wanted tax savings.

You never did answer my question as to how some Joe that lives 5 miles from you that smokes a joint and gets fired from his job IMPACTS YOU!  Seems to me that just opens up a job for someone that needs one. 

You say 'live and let live' and yet talk totally opposite.   a very mixed message.

If you are so inclined, watch this video and then decide...  It's almost an hour long but really describes what happens to a community when the MM grow and dispensary operations move in...

https://vimeo.com/280127474

I'll watch the video if it's an objective view but just looking at the website of the sponsor I'm going to say it's not very objective. 

http://www.drugfreeidaho.org/

It was easy to find several 'reviews' of the video.  This is a good cross section of the typical opinion.

August 09, 2018 01:04 PM

Drug Free Idaho’s presentation of “Chronic State,” an anti-marijuana legalization documentary, at the Egyptian Theater on July 18, was too riddled with inaccuracy to be properly addressed in this 200-word forum.

Suffice to say, it was a well-produced mash-up of every “Reefer Madness” scare tactic since Nancy Reagan.

Legalize marijuana, it intones, means rampant murder, enslaved youth and homeless invaders.

The tax revenue, healed children and reduced opioid harms seen in legalized states? Illusions, it proclaims.

From the opening scare shots of blacks, hippies and kids smoking weed, through the sinister music and visuals of urban decay and nature befouled, to the closing implication of “hey, nice state ya got there, it’d be a shame if something happened to it,” “Chronic State” was as relevant to most legal cannabis as Foster Brooks and “Leaving Las Vegas” are to legal alcohol.

What remains unsaid, naturally, is that the video is arguing for the status quo: using taxpayer dollars to arrest and imprison marijuana users and growers. Arrest your college kid for smoking a doobie. Imprison a father growing weed to treat his kid’s epilepsy.

Drug Free Idaho’s tagline is “Working for a Drug Free Culture.” It’s a culture war, not a drug war.

There are plenty more out there but I have a hunch you wouldn't want to 'waste' your time reading them anyway. 

As far as 'does it help with pain'...

I know dozens upon dozens of veterans that tell me it does.  I met with several of them just a week ago and this is a topic that came up more than once. 

Some of them are disappointed that 'their country' has forgotten them and their war induced ailments and some are out and out upset that 'their country' continues to fight the one reasonable outlet they have!

If you want some objective opinions go spend some time with some of these veterans suffering from exposure to all of Dow's (Schuette's) fine chemicals. 

On a side note saw something on the late news (I was half asleep).  Monsanto got hit with a huge settlement yesterday in the same court that has hundreds more suits working their way through the system. 
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2018, 08:59:04 AM »

Far as tax collected, I just look at that as more money for Lansing to squander.

How about we earmark all the tax collected go to road repairs and new roads?

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »

I point out that the legal "drug" kills more than this Illegal one... 

compare Alcohol to Marijuana and you'll see some large eye opening differences.

No one has died from overdose of one
No one gets violent on one
No one speeds when using one

One has properties that assist ill patients
One has properties that assist seizures 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2018, 10:34:30 AM »

Makes too much sense therefore will never be an option !!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2018, 11:16:16 AM »

Makes as much sense as overweight truck fines going libraries.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »

Makes too much sense therefore will never be an option !!

Makes as much sense as overweight truck fines going libraries.

Then give the marijuana taxes to the library and the overweight truck fines to the road repair.

There...   fixed it!!!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2018, 01:44:21 PM »

I don't drink much and don't do drugs but guessing alcohol has a bigger negative effect on driving than weed.  But then i again i hear weed makes you doppy and feeling like superman so I'm not sure that would allow one to drive either..
And to me it just seems if people smoke/eat/chew or whatever they do with mauijuana just to feel good because they are always in down mood, eventually they will want something stronger.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2018, 04:01:28 PM »

I got the video second hand but the first recipient got it from the commander if the Monroe Post of the MSP, take it for what it's worth.

Don't care if you watch it or not but if you do, you might actually learn something, that is if you can.... ;D

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2018, 04:02:55 PM »

Won't happen,  Besides if the mandate passes, the tax collected will be minimal.

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »

But then i again i hear weed makes you doppy and feeling like superman so I'm not sure that would allow one to drive either..
And to me it just seems if people smoke/eat/chew or whatever they do with mauijuana just to feel good because they are always in down mood, eventually they will want something stronger.

Having done a fair amount of personal research in the past,
and having been around quite a few fellow researchers,
I can attest to the fact that your conclusions are totally wrong.

It absolutely does not give you feelings of Superman,
nor does it make you desire something stronger.

It will make most people calm and mellow.
It will alleviate nausea. It will help with pain relief.
You will drive slower. Reactions may be slower too, so don't drive stoned.
And you will probably get hungry. Ain't no probably to it. You will get the munchies at some level.

Alcohol and steroids are the culprits for feeling like badass superhumans,
and aggressive behavior / driving.

Fuzz . . . do you have anything to add?
Has anyone else researched this and have opinions?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:12:47 PM by nails »
Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up