MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Recreational Weed

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Recreational Weed  (Read 9653 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Recreational Weed
« Reply #225 on: November 07, 2018, 11:30:02 AM »

All downhill from here....

Guess that means LE will have to change their interrogation procedures for traffic stops from over boozing to over smoking pot.

Cannot wait.

Yep.

And there is no nice blow test to get objective data.

So now I get to share the roads with drunks, people looking at their cell phones, people talking on their phones, and people toking on a joint.

Outstanding.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2018, 01:51:24 PM »

So now I get to share the roads with drunks, people looking at their cell phones, people talking on their phones, and people toking on a joint.

Seriously, you really shouldn’t equate someone who took a couple hits of weed with someone who is drunk. Totally different effects.

Not advocating getting high while driving, nor driving while stoned, but using your list of things to be wary of, drunks and people paying attention to their phones are much more dangerous while driving.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2018, 02:06:14 PM »

I’m wondering if south county areas will see
a large influx of Ohioans driving into Michigan to smoke legally?

Here’s a business opportunity,
open your house to Ohioans to visit and get high.
Have a $10 cover charge at the door.

Reminiscent of the ‘70’s when Ohio 18-20 yr. olds came to Michigan to drink.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »

Seriously, you really shouldn’t equate someone who took a couple hits of weed with someone who is drunk. Totally different effects.

Not advocating getting high while driving, nor driving while stoned, but using your list of things to be wary of, drunks and people paying attention to their phones are much more dangerous while driving.

Sure about that?  I guess time will tell....

Some of the  stnoers I see have no business walking let alone driving.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »

I’m wondering if south county areas will see
a large influx of Ohioans driving into Michigan to smoke legally?

Here’s a business opportunity,
open your house to Ohioans to visit and get high.
Have a $10 cover charge at the door.

Reminiscent of the ‘70’s when Ohio 18-20 yr. olds came to Michigan to drink.

Business opportunity my butt

Speaking of yacking on cell phones, This guy pulled up next to us on Carpenter road and Textile yesterday in a Tesla, yacking on his cell phone.  I thought those cars have hands free?  I know my lowly Focus does.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »

YES!

https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2018/11/07/marijuana-legal-michigan-convictions/1919598002/?from=new-cookie

Don't be too smug about it.  You are are one the reasons the American car companies produce an overpriced product, because they condone smoking dope on breaks and stoned employees screw things up...

I'd be careful about boasting about your smoking habits.  All it would take is a call to HR and you'd be screwed big time as in unemployed and I know someone who knows who you work for.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2018, 04:15:41 PM »

I was totally surprised by the number of people that voted for the marijuana issue.  It must have really stirred up the young crowd to go vote.  I run in an older circle 50 and up and have not talked to anyone that voted or said they would vote for legal marijuana..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »

I didn't give any commentary on what is the best and what is the worst of the lot.

Personally I don't want to share the road with anyone doing any of those things.

I believe driving deserves our full attention and our state shouldn't be impaired when we decide to hit the roads.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2018, 10:47:15 PM »

I'm guessing the pudding pit parties will be lively next season! 

as far as the effects of the law on out of staters...  Ohio targets out of state plates  now they may stop and start on their own!   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #235 on: November 08, 2018, 09:03:07 AM »

as far as the effects of the law on out of staters...  Ohio targets out of state plates  now they may stop and start on their own!

Sure do. Seen that play out countless times on the Ohio Turnpike.  Don't be black with Michigan plates and driving an expensive car because you'll be puled over and searched.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2018, 09:04:21 AM »

Whatever.  Time to outgrown adolescent habits.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2018, 09:38:38 AM »

Use to be if you were just driving a vehicle with Mich plates you'd get pulled over for about anything on the stretch of highway from Findlay to Mansfield area..It was so bad that I always rented a car when going to Newark Oh.  And I always ask for one without Mich plates as there were a lot of them in the Avia/Hertz fleets in Toledo

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »

Don't be too smug about it.  You are are one the reasons the American car companies produce an overpriced product, because they condone smoking dope on breaks and stoned employees screw things up...

I'd be careful about boasting about your smoking habits.  All it would take is a call to HR and you'd be screwed big time as in unemployed and I know someone who knows who you work for.

Firstly, fuckyou!  Do what ever you think makes you a man, I have no worries.  I haven't smoked in ages, but support the legalization.  Frankly, what needs to be unlawful that causes more harm would be booze.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »

Firstly, fuckyou!  Do what ever you think makes you a man, I have no worries.  I haven't smoked in ages, but support the legalization.  Frankly, what needs to be unlawful that causes more harm would be booze.

I knew I'd get a snotty answer.  Being the little twerp you are, not unexpected, in fact it was expected.  I'm happy you support it.  I don't and never will.

Of course I'm not going to resort to telling you to FO.  Don't care. That just shows me the kind of twerp you really are.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up