MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Recreational Weed

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Recreational Weed  (Read 12093 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Recreational Weed
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2018, 05:28:11 PM »

Management went out of their way today to make sure everyone knows what the Substance Abuse policy is, and that random drug tests, or not so random drug tests are in the policy.

The timing doesn't seem to be random at all.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2018, 08:28:04 PM »

I heard a rumor that the Topaz deal in front of the Road Commish on Ida West Road is dead.  Fine with me. Wonder who will sue who now?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2018, 08:29:03 PM »

Management went out of their way today to make sure everyone knows what the Substance Abuse policy is, and that random drug tests, or not so random drug tests are in the policy.

The timing doesn't seem to be random at all.

You have nothing to be concerned about and I know that.

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2018, 10:34:45 AM »

Party on Mav.       Party on Fuzz.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2018, 03:24:05 PM »

Party on nails.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2018, 04:53:04 PM »

I have no issue with anyone using weed or alcohol as long as it has no impact on me.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #261 on: December 06, 2018, 05:42:09 PM »

I have no issue with anyone using weed or alcohol as long as it has no impact on me.

Me either.

I just don't really trust those that use weed and alcohol to have very good judgement about what impact their behavior has on others.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2018, 11:16:38 PM »

Me either.

I just don't really trust those that use weed and alcohol to have very good judgement about what impact their behavior has on others.

30 years - and I can attest one is much more "violent" when overdone...     

Let the tax $$ roll in...    already does in AA and other progressive places.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »

I think the tax related revenue will be a helluva lot less than what is anticipated.

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2018, 06:34:01 PM »

Never should have been illegal.

Drug cartels just lost a source of income.
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #265 on: December 07, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »

30 years - and I can attest one is much more "violent" when overdone...     

Let the tax $$ roll in...    already does in AA and other progressive places.

My understanding is the ballot initiative included a nice super low tax rate.

Much lower than the other "legal" states.

What a deal for Michigan, don't you think?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2018, 07:41:42 AM »

I'm here to tell you all, there isn't much revenue in it but then you all will find that out...  after the fact.  The only thing that will come from it is stoned people driving vehicles, an increase in crime and the ever present whining about it.

Colorado, here we come. ;D

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2018, 09:16:55 AM »

I half-heartedly voted against it because while the libertarian part of me says leave people alone, the practical part of me says its just going to be a big mess with it still being considered illegal at the Federal level and varying laws by state.

It'll end up like the Dotcom boom on a smaller scale.   There's a fairly set amount of money out there being spent and spreading it among more hands is just going to thin the profits.   There will be a big boom of businesses opening, then you'll start seeing them drop like flies when they find out the profits just aren't there.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »

Meanwhile we get the stoners out driving around and LE developing conclusive tests for driving under the influence.

My big issue it the associated crime.  Keep in mind that it's illegal for providers to deposit any funds in a commercial bank so there will be lots of cash floating around and that attracts the criminal element.

Over in Morenci, they are buying up properties with their profits and then selling them to launder their money which is the only way they can do it legally.

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »

On a serious note . . .

I really don’t think you’ll see much change at all regarding the legalization of rec smoking. Most people who have a serious desire to use Weed, are already doing so. Weed has never been hard to find if you want it. Most of the people who waited until it became legal before using, are normal law abiding citizens. That’s why they waited until it became legal in Michigan. They aren’t going to turn criminal.

Weed isn’t something that you need to spend $20-100 a day to use. So it shouldn’t increase petty crime / theft. Those problems won’t go away, but you can blame ??, Heroin, meth, etc. I would bet an alcoholic spends much more money per day on booze, than you would spend as a recreational weed user.

Ohio people won’t come to Michigan for weed. They won’t be buying from retailers for quite some time, and if they buy from street suppliers, they might as well buy it locally. Why drive all the way to Michigan. Even after retailers are allowed to sell, my guess is, local street suppliers will be much cheaper.

All in all, I just don’t think the new law will change much.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:04:49 AM by nails »
Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up