MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Super Armory to be built in Dundee

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Armory to be built in Dundee  (Read 3896 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Super Armory to be built in Dundee
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2018, 09:16:16 AM »

There isn't really that much else going on in the way of big development in the county so I look at as better than nothing.

I thought Fermi III  and the new Hospital were kinda big  :)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 09:48:41 PM »

New Hospital?  You mean a new rendition of the butcher shop?  Been there once and left promptly.  That place is a joke.

What will be really big is when DTE mothballs the Elm Street generation station.  That is coming too.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

indy99

• New Talker
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »

I can tell you about some true horror stories about that hospital that happened with myself and family members.  Changing the name and ownership did not make a difference.   Never ever again will we use their "services".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 10:28:13 AM »

I'm guessing they picked the location for their largest plant for a reason - and will build a new plant if necessary...  Lots of $$ to be made that solar and wind can't provide
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »

I'm guessing they picked the location for their largest plant for a reason - and will build a new plant if necessary...  Lots of $$ to be made that solar and wind can't provide

It's already announced.

It's going to St Clair.

They don't need a port to bring in Natural Gas.

Sorry Monroe.

You are SOL.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 09:38:26 PM »

China Township to be exact.  I heard 3 NG units. 

Despite Trump and his support of coal, coal is out, fracked NG is in and much cheaper per KWH.  Of course what you don't read or hear about is how much coal we export to China..  I bunch, like in a couple ships a week worth.

Last coal fired plant to be built was AEP's plant down south and it's a super critical coal fired plant.  It was put in service about 5 years ago.  last one.

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 05:23:58 AM »

Proof positive that Monroe will quickly (as history flows, so within 15 years) relinquish the County Seat to Dundee (FINANCIALLY) but stay in Liberal power because that will be where the empty bodies lie.  New day coming in Lenawee as well.... economics are in Tecumseh... needy are in Adrian.  The Drains will always be the Drains until the pawns get fed up, demand a piece, and wonder why their handlers have not provided them said piece!!!!!  That day will come and Liberals will lose for decades.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 06:16:50 PM »

Proof positive that Monroe will quickly (as history flows, so within 15 years) relinquish the County Seat to Dundee (FINANCIALLY) but stay in Liberal power because that will be where the empty bodies lie.  New day coming in Lenawee as well.... economics are in Tecumseh... needy are in Adrian.  The Drains will always be the Drains until the pawns get fed up, demand a piece, and wonder why their handlers have not provided them said piece!!!!!  That day will come and Liberals will lose for decades.

I don't know about Dundee ever becoming the county seat. I'd have to see that and I won't because I'll be in the ground, growing weeds.

Tecumseh has their hands full with their educational system and the large brownfield that was Products.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »

I wonder what Monroe will do for operating funds when DTE shuts her down?  Place will become another Flint.... ;D

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 11:50:13 AM »

I wonder what Monroe will do for operating funds when DTE shuts her down?  Place will become another Flint.... ;D

They will keep spending until they go Bankrupt.

Sound familiar?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »

I kind of think the financial power in the county is already in the northern suburbs of Toledo.

That seems to be where a big chunk of the population is.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 02:20:00 PM »

Only thing that differentiates Dundee from a hick town is the retail development on the west end.  Other than that, Dundee is still the 'Hub of the Highway' and little else.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 02:43:42 PM »

Only thing that differentiates Dundee from a hick town is the retail development on the west end.  Other than that, Dundee is still the 'Hub of the Highway' and little else.

And I'm not sure how long Cabelas will be a going venture to anchor that retail development on the west end.

Lots of overhead, and I'm not sure they really bring in that much with sales.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 07:51:00 AM »

Elite Toyota (no mention of Mazda) is moving to Dundee. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 08:44:36 AM »

Elite Toyota (no mention of Mazda) is moving to Dundee.

They're going in on M-50 across from and a little more to the west from Tractor Supply.  They've had a sign up for at least a couple of months.

I can't remember if the sign has 'coming soon' on it or not :) :) :)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up