MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 851 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 11:29:38 AM »

Alot of nastiness doesn't bother posting anymore.

It's not like just nice people disappeared.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 03:12:41 PM »

I think otherwise on a lot of nastiness doesn't bother posting......I believe some get offended and those are the ones who lurk and just lurk without posting.

It's not so much a matter of nice folks disappearing as there are still a few here that I know that I consider nice, but there are some people that just don't care to come on anymore (nice or not) that would rather forgo the subsequent harsh words that follow if they do not agree.

There is just not much tolerance anymore in respecting the opinions of others....and that goes for in here, and life in general.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 05:37:27 PM »

There is just not much tolerance anymore in respecting the opinions of others....and that goes for in here, and life in general.

I agree that tolerance for others views is at an all time view, and oddly enough the most intolerant seem to be those who preach tolerance.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 09:13:07 AM »

401 views of a one word post in less than 3 weeks...

not exactly DEAD quite yet!!!

And less than 24 hours after my above post the number of views has skyrocketed (well, at least for a 'dead' forum).

Topic: AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 551 times)

On Twitter we would probably say this topic is 'trending'!
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »

I agree that tolerance for others views is at an all time view, and oddly enough the most intolerant seem to be those who preach tolerance.

I agree, there are some instances of truth to that.  Life itself is combative and insulting enough the way it is to carry it to something that some enjoy in leisure. 
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 07:13:53 PM »

Seems to be everywhere on any forum.  I've been a member of a long range shooting forum for at least a decade and I post infrequently.  Was just on there yesterday and noted a lot of smart arse comments...  Was never like that until lately.

I see the talking heads (talk radio) is predicting some sort of civil disturbance.  I agree with that.  Don't know what will set it off but I'm reasonably sure I'll see it in my lifetime.  This country has become very divisive and the media constantly pours gasoline on the fire that is brewing under the surface.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 07:45:58 PM »

It's hard for me to understand why the liberal elites want to make the United States another schitthole 3rd world country. Do they think they can insulate themselves from all the trash they want in here..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »

It's hard for me to understand why the liberal elites want to make the United States another schitthole 3rd world country. Do they think they can insulate themselves from all the trash they want in here..

It sure seems like Shumer, Pelosi, Max Waters and some others are hell bent on the destruction of the Republic.  Was just discussing that on the S&W forum I'm on.  Lots of very astute members on that forum and the comment was made about the media being the catalyst for all the unrest today.  If you have a liberal lean, you don't last long on that forum. Same applies to snarky comments.  It's all business over there.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 09:08:54 AM »

401 views of a one word post in less than 3 weeks...

not exactly DEAD quite yet!!!

and 2 days later the numbers for the 'dead' thread:

jbs49238   22   651
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up