MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Pets > It Never Gets Easier :-(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It Never Gets Easier :-(  (Read 214 times)

halo_girl

• Active Talker
It Never Gets Easier :-(
« on: July 11, 2018, 12:07:25 PM »

this morning we took our last cat to be put to rest so that he was not in pain or suffering anymore.  In the 20 years we have been in this home we have had a total of 4 cats.  From 1998 to 2013 we had two cats; 2013 to 2014 we had one; 2014 to 2016 we were back to two and from 2016 to 9:10am this morning we had one.  This one is hitting the hardest because we have made our minds up there will be NO more; I had a hard time with the loss of the one in 2013 because he was our first and had him since being a kitten - I was suddenly at home during the day - alone and it was hard on me.  We then got one in 2014 and a week later got her buddy and he is the one we put to rest this morning.  Hubby will have a hard time because every night when he got home from work, there he was ready to greet him and could not wait for him to get out of the shower.  I have spent the morning cleaning up cat litter area, finding toys, sleeping areas and all the while tears just streaming down my face.  Can't and won't do this again :-(

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: It Never Gets Easier :-(
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »

We have numerous, dogs, cats and horses buried around the property.  Part of life and death.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

halo_girl

• Active Talker
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »

We have numerous, dogs, cats and horses buried around the property.  Part of life and death.

yes I understand the whole life and death process but does not mean it gets any easier

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 05:04:03 PM »

Go out and get a kitten immediately!

Losing them sux, but getting a little baby is kind of fun.

They are all different, and I like that.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

halo_girl

• Active Talker
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 05:12:29 PM »

Go out and get a kitten immediately!

Losing them sux, but getting a little baby is kind of fun.

They are all different, and I like that.

there is no way we are getting another pet, period.  We want to be responsible and are smart enough to know with our ages, income, living situation, etc. there is no way it would be fair to take in yet another animal no matter how cute and adorable and cuddly they can be.  We have had 4 in the course of 20 years now, that is enough.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 05:14:35 PM »

Not supposed to be easy.  Look at it this way, you die too.  We all do.

halo_girl

• Active Talker
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 05:26:25 PM »

over and out

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 05:38:22 PM »

I'm with MN, get a kitten.  Lots of adoptable ones at the humane shelter.  Look at it this way, if they don't get adopted, the end game for them is death.

Every dog and cat that we have had has been a stray.  We have another one right now, 9 years old, trained, housebroken, walks fantastic, weighs 110 pounds, all black, chow and lab mix.  Someone decided our dirt road was a good place to discard him.  Walked down the driveway last year and has been here ever since.  he will live out his life here, well cared for with every every option covered.  A valued member of our family.  CL named him Quincy.  He looks mean as all get out, he's a big baby in reality.

Plus the 40 or so cats running around here....

No animal is discardable far as CL and I are concerned.  I always go by DOG spelled backwards is GOD.

I sure like dogs and cats better than I do a lot of humans.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 09:06:05 PM »

this morning we took our last cat to be put to rest so that he was not in pain or suffering anymore.  In the 20 years we have been in this home we have had a total of 4 cats.  From 1998 to 2013 we had two cats; 2013 to 2014 we had one; 2014 to 2016 we were back to two and from 2016 to 9:10am this morning we had one.  This one is hitting the hardest because we have made our minds up there will be NO more; I had a hard time with the loss of the one in 2013 because he was our first and had him since being a kitten - I was suddenly at home during the day - alone and it was hard on me.  We then got one in 2014 and a week later got her buddy and he is the one we put to rest this morning.  Hubby will have a hard time because every night when he got home from work, there he was ready to greet him and could not wait for him to get out of the shower.  I have spent the morning cleaning up cat litter area, finding toys, sleeping areas and all the while tears just streaming down my face.  Can't and won't do this again :-(

Sorry to hear of your loss.  We've lost 3 dogs in the last year that we had for a cumulative 40 years or so your grief hits close to us now too.. 

We've said too that when the critters we have now are gone then we're done but I'm not sure how long that will hold up :-\ :-\ :-\
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

halo_girl

• Active Talker
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 07:03:28 AM »

Sorry to hear of your loss.  We've lost 3 dogs in the last year that we had for a cumulative 40 years or so your grief hits close to us now too.. 

We've said too that when the critters we have now are gone then we're done but I'm not sure how long that will hold up :-\ :-\ :-\

BRD thank you for your compassion; that meant a lot to me.  As for another one, we are done for sure
Pages: [1]   Go Up