MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > I will be supporting the 911 surcharge increase on August 7th

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: I will be supporting the 911 surcharge increase on August 7th  (Read 5415 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I will be supporting the 911 surcharge increase on August 7th
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2018, 08:56:13 AM »

This one didn't have a good ending but the victim was probably dead by the time is companion called 911.  What the new 911 did allow was for a very targeted response and established a pinpoint location in Lake Erie very, very close to the state line. 

Rather than send 2-3-4 fire department boats out looking for the scene central dispatch was able to direct one department's boat directly to the victim's boat. 

Time, fuel and TAXES saved!!! 

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180905/missing-boaters-body-recovered-from-lake-erie
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »

The new system is already in place?

I didn't know Government could act that fast.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2018, 08:57:56 PM »

Big Red and MN:

Thing is guys we think like private sector people and our discussion involves
how we spend "our" money. And there is the answer, isn't it? Conversely the pols are spending "our" money, and not theirs.

Thing about Trump is he is a successful businessman. He thinks like us. He, and we, are tired of the corruption and the plain incompetence of pols steering the bloated bureaucracy's. We think, let's solve the problem, rather
than give the people the old pol scam where they brag about how they led
the charge to increase funding, and then nothing changes.

John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2018, 09:46:28 PM »

That observation of Trump is plausible. Otherwise we wouldn't have most of the republicans fighting his every move either.
And to further prove your point I seriously doubt the Repubs elect Jordan as their new leader.  He's aligned with Trump.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2018, 08:07:18 PM »

And the first thing bought with the future tax increase on phones?

Radios.

LOL - It was all about the "Smart 911 System....."

Right!

It was about getting more money.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180929/county-buys-new-radios-for-first-responders
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up