MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > My Favorite Thing about Monroe is.......

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Favorite Thing about Monroe is.......  (Read 944 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: My Favorite Thing about Monroe is.......
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 10:40:52 AM »

Heifers stink... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 07:18:18 PM »

I like it that no drought is too severe for the Monroe County Fair to cure.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 10:44:28 PM »

Went yesterday,  Haven't been in 10 years.  Still the same.  Went for the rodeo.  The guy that puts it on, I sell hay to.  Was interesting, not my cup of tea however.  Rained a bit while we were there.  Sat under the roof so no rain on us.

Yesterday was senior day so we got in for 2 bucks each.  Rodeo was 10 bucks.  Bought some fries, a hot dog and over priced lemonade.  Typical fair stuff.  Lots of young girls in short shorts and low cut tops walking around.  I did a lot of people watching...

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 02:19:00 PM »

Went yesterday,  Haven't been in 10 years.  Still the same.  Went for the rodeo.  The guy that puts it on, I sell hay to.  Was interesting, not my cup of tea however.  Rained a bit while we were there.  Sat under the roof so no rain on us.

Yesterday was senior day so we got in for 2 bucks each.  Rodeo was 10 bucks.  Bought some fries, a hot dog and over priced lemonade.  Typical fair stuff.  Lots of young girls in short shorts and low cut tops walking around.  I did a lot of people watching...

Dirty old man!

;)
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »

Sexy senior citizen mind you.... ;D

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 08:41:43 PM »

My kid went to the fair on Friday.

Said same old fair, too hot to be there, and she and her friends didn't stay all that long.

Seems like most of the trip centered around fair food.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 09:34:19 PM »

We have a thing for Fair Food.  Pricey but usually good.  The rodeo was ok, not a rodeo person but Amy is and the guy who puts it on Lost Nation Rodeo Company buys hay from me so going is a requirement.  Senior Citizen day was 2 buck admission.  That works.  I think for everything including the rodeo admission, we spent like 40 bucks.

The merchant building was interesting (and air conditioned), didn't bother looking at the antique tractors, I have no interest in any tractor that don't work in the field.  I guess of you like old tractors it's good, I don't.  Usual car displays, CL looked at the Nissan Van.  I looked at the Caddy.

Didn't bother with the stock barns, again, have no interest in looking at sheep and calves.  My only interest in them is when they go on the BBQ.

Same old midway rides from what I could tell.  We didn't go up that way.  I don't do rides, nether does CL.

We parked off Rasinville road by the backside.  Easy in and out.  I saw at least one crash on M50 going into the fair.  The M50 entrance is, in my view, a PITA.  No choo-choo this year.  Maybe next year.  CL told me it's being rebuilt.  We took the free jitney rod to the entrance.  Converted hay rack, no suspension and the road was rough,  Oh well, I needed some bouncing around anyway.

All in all, was interesting.  Guess we will be going every year, so long as Lost Nation Rodeo is there, like I said, a requirement of doing business with them.

Sure were a lot of pretty gals in short shorts and skimpy tops running around.  I was a potato, all eyes...lol

CL said on Wednesday, paid attendance was 28,000.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up