MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Camping tips, questions, suggestions and general discussion.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camping tips, questions, suggestions and general discussion.  (Read 1664 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Camping tips, questions, suggestions and general discussion.
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2018, 09:32:32 AM »

Fuckoff...  I don't really give a shilt what you do, who you do t to or how many times for that matter.  If you are toting a toyhauler with a 150, you are overloaded simple fact.  Myself, I have a ONE TON, not a grocery getter and my camper loaded and ready to go (water tank full, HWH full, 2 batteries, generator and 2 propane tanks plus our gear weighs a bit less than 2800 pounds, well within the capabilities of my truck.

Guess I'm done with this thread as well.  Have a great day and KMA.

And we have 'liftoff' right on time!!!

Flip must be a salesman's delight as predictable as he is ;D ;D ;D

Flip, this is about the 3rd or 4th time now you've told me you're finished and yet you keep returning just like a yo-yo!

F-150, 250, 350, 450...

it's all about the GVW and max towing capacity.  Nothing more, nothing less.  I do haul groceries in mine as a matter of fact but I also haul anything else I want to and I haul it very, very safely. 

Maybe you should make a trip through a real campground one of these busy weekends.  Most of the pickups you see hauling campers are Ford F-150s.  There's a reason it's the most popular pickup in the US of A and that is at least in part because of it's versatility. 

Number wise the next in line are the Dodge 1500s.  I haven't owned a Dodge in years but the one I did own was a pretty decent truck for the money.  Next is the Ford Super Duty but those are typically hauling the big fifth wheel campers. 

Anyway, now all the other posters can see exactly why I wasn't just going to give you solid numbers for my tongue weight and that is because I already figured out (because you're getting predictable) that you just wanted to work it around to where you could say (yet again) that your truck is bigger than my truck.  Sorry, I've never played that game.  I buy what I want for what I need and the main focus is always on doing the job safely. 

You need to go spend your time lecturing to someone that has less experience than you do and that isn't me either!!!

I'll be sure and let you know when I have my first crash caused by an overloaded vehicle and my best guess is it will be the 'other guy' that was overloaded and at fault!!!

Sorry to see you go (again)!  Don't let the door hit you on the backside!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 10:06:56 PM »

That was almost the way my brother did it, but there was not a knot to begin with. :) Thanks for the clip!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2018, 06:33:16 AM »

That was almost the way my brother did it, but there was not a knot to begin with. :) Thanks for the clip!

I'm sure there are lots of variations on that general 'weave'.  There are other YouTubes that show some of them.  Watch and learn and then 'weave your own'.

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2018, 04:58:16 PM »

Thanks BRD

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2018, 06:01:33 PM »

Part of RV living is reading about when you're not in your RV.  I subscribe to this newsletter and I've found some pretty good info. 

I'm sure Flip doesn't think it's any good and all the info is wrong and all his normal negative comments but read it and decide for yourself.  Maybe he'll jump in and post some of the newsletters he reads (or at least looks at because he seems to have trouble comprehending most everything he reads)!

https://rvtravel.com/rv-travel-newsletter-issue-864/

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2018, 07:44:13 PM »

I use rope for a lot of things but when we're camping I use it even more.  There are not too many things you can use a piece of rope for without eventually having to tie a knot or three.  You can get by most times tying a 'what knot' but you may have to whip out an axe (Flip will probably jump in to tell me I spelled it wrong but both spellings are acceptable to most ordinary people) or a knife and cut the knot out when you're done with it.  That means your ropes are getting shorter and shorter over time. 

Anyway, a few various sizes and types of rope should be in your camping supplies somewhere! 

Before you go do some studying up on your knots.  Plenty of sources including youtube. 

Plus you never know when you might want to practice a few '50 Shades' moves ;) ;) ;)

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2018, 09:33:45 PM »

Thanks for the link BRD.  It looks like it will be interesting reading on those rainy days inside!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up