MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Camping tips, questions, suggestions and general discussion.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camping tips, questions, suggestions and general discussion.  (Read 7084 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Camping tips, questions, suggestions and general discussion.
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2019, 06:45:58 PM »

Wet corrugated cardboard stinks but then I would imagine street people stink too..... :o  I say 'I imagine' because I've never been that close to any to smell them (I know that sounds like a Biden thing), I apologize for that.  Closest I've been to a 'street person' in in Detroit by Dumo's.  Been asked for a smoke before but I'm always armed in those situations so I keep my distance anyway.

Always stay upwind.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2019, 08:00:17 PM »

They do have a particular odor.  For years there was a lady in Toledo we that worked downtown all called the "Bag Lady". She was always around downtown. Pretty sure she was homeless but not sure where she slept..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2019, 03:26:17 AM »

They do have a particular odor.  For years there was a lady in Toledo we that worked downtown all called the "Bag Lady". She was always around downtown. Pretty sure she was homeless but not sure where she slept..

Maybe she carried her home in a bag.... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2019, 07:51:56 AM »

She did and after she got up in years she pushed it around in a grocery cart..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »

I am not sure why some people to chose to live like that, but I suspect it has much to do with mental illness.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2019, 03:28:15 PM »

Lots do.  Some advantages...

Pay no taxes
No mortgage payment
No utility bills
No insurance
No putting up with relatives
No alarm clock

Not all that bad really.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2019, 03:28:59 PM »

Cardboard still stinks when wet...... ;D

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2019, 07:09:30 PM »

Lots do.  Some advantages...

Pay no taxes
No mortgage payment
No utility bills
No insurance
No putting up with relatives
No alarm clock

Not all that bad really.

I read today that some rich azz in Frisco is going to spend Millions to answer the question of why people want to be bums.

Can't wait to hear the results.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2019, 07:53:40 PM »

If I could deal with it, I'd live in a cardboard box as well.  Like I said, they stink when wet.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2019, 08:22:31 PM »

If I could deal with it, I'd live in a cardboard box as well.  Like I said, they stink when wet.

It seems to me you got it pretty good with Catlady.

;D
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2019, 09:35:22 PM »

It seems to me you got it pretty good with Catlady.

;D

10-4

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »

Alaska is sure beautiful, but the dang smoke from the fires up here are ruining my pictures!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2019, 06:51:58 PM »

Alaska is nice but getting there via the road is a challenge.  A cruise is also nice but with a cruise you don't get to see all the good stuff.

Our very good friends took the RV (truck camper) like my wife and I have and spent 3 months in Alaska last year.  They even sent us back 25 pounds of fresh Halibut from a fishing trip they went on.

While not on my bucket list because there are so many places to visit in the lower 48, I wouldn't mind going to Alaska but only in an RV like we own on a 4 wheel drive pickup truck.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2019, 08:55:29 PM »

I've been told if one is going sightseeing and not worry about hotel/motel the best alternative is the camper mounted on a pickup as maneuvering a motorhome or 5th wheel is just to much of a challenge.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2019, 09:45:07 AM »

We sure like ours and the best part is, it's stored in the garage when not in use.  What kills any RV is when they sit out in the weather.  After a while they tend to leak because owners never maintain the roof seals.  Why I own what I own.  My intent was to keep it inside when not in use and I wasn't about to pay for an indoor storage spit (If I could find one around here).

I see so many TT and 5'ers and moho's sitting outside, summer and winter, in the elements, slowly turning into expensive junk.  Once they start to leak, they rot from the inside out.

We can park ours anywhere, residential streets included and out 'house' is always with us.  old drinks or a potty break is in the back.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up