MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Deleting MT Account?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting MT Account?  (Read 1778 times)

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
Deleting MT Account?
« on: September 09, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »

How does one go about deleting their MT account or is it even possible to do?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Deleting MT Account?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 06:12:43 PM »

How does one go about deleting their MT account or is it even possible to do?

Sorry to see you leave halo_girl. 

I'll have to go look at my own profile to figure out how to tell you to go about it.

Deleting your account does not remove any of the posts you've made.  If you want to get rid of your posts you have to go to them individually and open them and delete everything in there and then save that.  You can't really delete the posts but you can modify them individually to be empty.  In the future if you were to decide to return you can't get halo_girl back either.  You (or anyone else) can get something close but not exactly that. 

Give me a few minutes to see if I remember how to do it.  We haven't had many leaving lately.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 06:28:01 PM »

Sorry to see you leave halo_girl. 

I'll have to go look at my own profile to figure out how to tell you to go about it.

Deleting your account does not remove any of the posts you've made.  If you want to get rid of your posts you have to go to them individually and open them and delete everything in there and then save that.  You can't really delete the posts but you can modify them individually to be empty.  In the future if you were to decide to return you can't get halo_girl back either.  You (or anyone else) can get something close but not exactly that. 

Give me a few minutes to see if I remember how to do it.  We haven't had many leaving lately.

I'm not worried about any posts I put up - I have them locked anyways so not a big deal on those.  The MT I used to enjoy coming to has just lost it's interest with all the sniping, rude comments and everything else; makes me feel like back in high school or even beyond that and I am just tired of playing the game.  I used to come here when I would need to find out info and I will say BRD YOU are the ONE person I will really miss watching on here and interacting with at times.  I looked all thru the profile settings and unless I'm missing it, I don't see anything on there.  Also I do realize about losing halo_girl but will retire that with the MT.  Thank you for your help

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 06:33:35 PM »

Thank you for the kind words.  I appreciate that.

Where should I send your copy of the book when it's done?

It looks like they've made changes so you can't just delete yourself in your profile.

Try sending a message to the administrator and request them to delete your account. 

Safe travels on the interweb!!!

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 06:52:59 PM »

Thanks BRD; sent you a message on here too

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 07:14:59 AM »

Sayonara.

Happy web surfing in all you do.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 09:18:57 AM »

Sayonara.

Happy web surfing in all you do.

Trust me, I will be QUITE HAPPY away from all the childish antics of so many on here.  Sayonara to you too

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 10:03:56 AM »

I though halo left a long time ago.

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 10:06:27 AM »

I though halo left a long time ago.

obviously not  :D took a break for a week or so and came back but as soon as admin wakes up and deletes my account, I can safely say I won't be back - no not even under another alias or anything, the ship has sailed

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 11:01:56 AM »

And after that post if you do come back some may harass you.

Too many mean-spirited moves anymore.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 11:26:49 AM »

And after that post if you do come back some may harass you.

Too many mean-spirited moves anymore.

MN - I am NOT worried as I will not waste my time on here anymore.  If you think my post was mean spirited then that is your opinion.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 03:17:46 PM »

Just stop posting already !! You don't need to delete your account just stop logging in and stop posting !!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »

Just stop posting already !! You don't need to delete your account just stop logging in and stop posting !!

well thank you so very kindly for your advice which was not asked for.  MAYBE there is a reason for having it DELETED thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 04:43:53 PM »

What an attitude.  Seems to fit right in... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 05:08:38 PM »

What an attitude.  Seems to fit right in... ;D

yeah let's talk about attitudes shall we??? nahhhh never mind, conversation wouldn't go very far now would it
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up