MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Nike Kaepernick Ad

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nike Kaepernick Ad  (Read 568 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Nike Kaepernick Ad
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:18:29 PM »

One thing for sure, Nike has got some very cheap marketing and advertising out of this.  Sure, some will curse and some will think it's cool.  Most youth will now be going out and making some purchases while those who don't support the cause will burn their Nike products in the driveway.

Calculated risk, they had to know it so had their money on increased overall sales.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/09/16/nike-colin-kaepernick-ad-mississippi-police-ban/1327000002/

Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Nike Kaepernick Ad
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 05:58:03 PM »

I don't have but a couple of Nike shirts  I've already paid for them or somebody did so why the hell burn them

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:07:37 PM »

Principal......that matters to some folks, just like dignity.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »

I only have one 'gripe' with this Nike ad (and my guess is there will be more to follow).

Colin is a big boy and has had plenty of advice from lots of people and he's getting pretty much exactly what he wanted out of all this 'exposure'.

I feel bad for the young gal football player (from Michigan btw) that I don't think had any idea that she was going to get the negative feedback just for being in the same ad as Colin. 

Hopefully she will ride it out and can use it as a ticket to bigger things in the future.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 02:13:25 PM »

It was a pretty positive ad with the exception of the idiot narrating it.

Would have been more effective without him I think.

Does Nike think a washed up qb that can't find a job is really I supposed to inspire?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:11:22 PM »

It was a pretty positive ad with the exception of the idiot narrating it.

Would have been more effective without him I think.

Does Nike think a washed up qb that can't find a job is really I supposed to inspire?

I don't know MN, I suspect it was an intentional target market to the millennial and left wing thinking people as appeal to those that sympathize.  The free marketing and advertising punch they got out of this they have to be high fiving each other around the office.

I'm guessing they are thinking that those in opposition and find it offensive are probably in the age group where their tennis shoes and apparel are low value dollar generators for them.  Me, I never really liked their shoes and normally buy New Balance.  Shirts.....yea, I bought a few Michigan shirts of the new vintage.

I'll have to see what Dick's Sporting Goods carries in their product name, perhaps I will drive my EV that was regarded by only renewable energy over there to see.  I really wish they would sell electric powered RV's.

Oh.......and

GO POT!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:13:12 PM by The Fuzz »

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »

I was solidly a New Balance guy.....

But last pair I bought was a pair of Nikes that actually fit.

They are kind of like not wearing any shoe.  Light.  Comfortable.  They breath.

They are also lasting longer....  the sole isn't wearing as quickly as the New Balance.

Kappernick won't prevent me from buying another pair of Nikes.

I also wear Levis, and I hear they are idiots too.

Oh well!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 07:40:56 PM »

It really doesn't sway me much either, if I liked their stuff I'd probably buy it.

My point is what they got for the bank for small bucks in free publicity and advertising.  Just let the media do it for them.....we all know how much they like that devisiveshit.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »

Like reverse advertising.  Interesting concept.  Aren't Nike shoes made in China?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 02:37:33 PM »

I only have one 'gripe' with this Nike ad (and my guess is there will be more to follow).

Colin is a big boy and has had plenty of advice from lots of people and he's getting pretty much exactly what he wanted out of all this 'exposure'.

I feel bad for the young gal football player (from Michigan btw) that I don't think had any idea that she was going to get the negative feedback just for being in the same ad as Colin. 

Hopefully she will ride it out and can use it as a ticket to bigger things in the future.

Here's an Mlive article that goes into more detail on the young gal from Michigan who is now one of the assistant coaches for the football team she was playing on!

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/09/michigan_teen_in_colin_kaepern.html
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 07:52:57 PM »

It really doesn't sway me much either, if I liked their stuff I'd probably buy it.

My point is what they got for the bank for small bucks in free publicity and advertising.  Just let the media do it for them.....we all know how much they like that devisiveshit.

Free advertising is a marketers dream.

Entire departments exist around getting that.....

So they did a fantastic job on that one, and they wouldn't have gotten that without no talent hack.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1]   Go Up