MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > John James vs. Senator Debbie Stabenow

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: John James vs. Senator Debbie Stabenow  (Read 756 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
John James vs. Senator Debbie Stabenow
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:00:53 PM »

Well Mr. James, being black, has one leg up because Debbie won't be able to call him a racist. I expect the strategy will be to paint him as an Uncle Tom.

Well I, as I expect Mr. James, would like the campaign to be based on issues. As for Debbie, I think she'll start with issues, and then when that tanks, she'll go back to the tried and true routine of character slander.

Well I've begun the conversation, what do you think?
John Kopke

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: John James vs. Senator Debbie Stabenow
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:13:32 PM »

Probably spot on John, the campaign strategy from both sides digress to that as time gets closer to election day.  Hopefully we can at least get their positions on the things that matter to let the voters see what they are before it gets into character slander.

I don't think I've ever voted for Stabenow except for the election that her husband got busted with a hooker up in a Troy hotel the week before the election. 
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 09:14:06 AM »

We were up driving around in the Irish Hills yesterday and saw several yardsigns for James.  I honestly don't remember seeing any for Stabenow.  Maybe James supporters got a 'jump' in the area. 

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 09:20:24 AM »

I don't know anything about James  I do know I will never vote for Stabenow.  I may not vote for James either but right now he has a leg up by being a choice over Stabenow..

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 07:01:25 PM »

Probably spot on John, the campaign strategy from both sides digress to that as time gets closer to election day.  Hopefully we can at least get their positions on the things that matter to let the voters see what they are before it gets into character slander.

I don't think I've ever voted for Stabenow except for the election that her husband got busted with a hooker up in a Troy hotel the week before the election. 

Fuzz:

You say I was spot on, and then mischaracterize what I wrote. I didn't say
the "campaign strategy from both sides digress to ..." . I said Debbie will quickly abandon issues and hit back with character assassination. I didn't say James would. Now I'm not saying James wouldn't respond in kind if he gets slimed enough, that remains to be seen. What I'm saying is Debbie is locked and loaded to slime James. Right now she'll be quiet because James has low name recognition and she's way ahead in the polls. That will change quickly if James starts moving up in the polls.   
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:03:25 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »

I don't know anything about James  I do know I will never vote for Stabenow.  I may not vote for James either but right now he has a leg up by being a choice over Stabenow..

Stabenow is a bump on a log. Solid liberal. When I think of what she has done for Michigan nothing comes to mind. I assume she did well bringing home the bacon, she isn't adverse to spending money, but beyond that,
what? I need to start doing some research. Maybe we all should, and on James too. Forum doesn't reach 10s of thousands of folks, but we can do
our part to inform those that do. That's something. 

John Kopke

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 07:23:45 PM »

Fuzz:

You say I was spot on, and then mischaracterize what I wrote. I didn't say
the "campaign strategy from both sides digress to ..." . I said Debbie will quickly abandon issues and hit back with character assassination. I didn't say James would. Now I'm not saying James wouldn't respond in kind if he gets slimed enough, that remains to be seen. What I'm saying is Debbie is locked and loaded to slime James. Right now she'll be quiet because James has low name recognition and she's way ahead in the polls. That will change quickly if James starts moving up in the polls.

You misinterpreted what I said, the campaign strategy statement was on my opinion/reply.  Lord, JK, I would never try to put words in your mouth.....you regularly have plenty on your own.

I agree with what you are saying btw.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »

You misinterpreted what I said, the campaign strategy statement was on my opinion/reply.  Lord, JK, I would never try to put words in your mouth.....you regularly have plenty on your own.

I agree with what you are saying btw.

Fuzz:

Not to nitpick, but I didn't misinterpret what you said/wrote, I responded to what you said/wrote. Beyond that I'm not looking to get in a pissing contest
because, bottom line, we're on the same page.

I want to clarify something. Both parties suck. They aren't genuinely looking out for the folks, or we wouldn't have a $ 21 trillion, and exploding, national debt. Here's the difference. The Dems seek ultimate power, and by any means necessary. The danger the pukes pose is they'll let it happen.     
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »

I was on the James bandwagon in the Primaries.

Dad moved up from MS to Detroit and started a trucking / logistics business.

John went to West Point and flew Apaches in the US Crusades.

After his military service he came home - and has run the family business and made it bigger and more successful.

Lives in Farmington Hills, seems to be involved in all the "traditional" family things that I think are important.

Doesn't appear to be a career politician.

His positions - I can mostly agree with.

He has got to be a better alternative than Stabenow. 

Heck - I'd vote for a corpse over Stabenow.  A dead person would be more active than she has been.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 09:06:14 PM »

After his military service he came home - and has run the family business and made it bigger and more successful.

Lives in Farmington Hills, seems to be involved in all the "traditional" family things that I think are important.

Heck - I'd vote for a corpse over Stabenow.  A dead person would be more active than she has been.

MN:

Loved the last sentence. How about I'd rather vote for a dog with a note in his mouth?
John Kopke

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »

Fuzz:

Not to nitpick, but I didn't misinterpret what you said/wrote, I responded to what you said/wrote. Beyond that I'm not looking to get in a pissing contest
because, bottom line, we're on the same page.

I want to clarify something. Both parties suck. They aren't genuinely looking out for the folks, or we wouldn't have a $ 21 trillion, and exploding, national debt. Here's the difference. The Dems seek ultimate power, and by any means necessary. The danger the pukes pose is they'll let it happen.   

Agree.....we are cool, but your interpretation is not where I was going.  No biggie.....Flip does it all the time.

I don't align with either party either, really.  I really expected to see the party in charge to reduce redundant federal departments, and foreign aid.  I'm not all that sure the party in charge has even reduced corporate welfare....not seeing news or documents to status that one.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 12:43:12 PM »

I'll support the vet and a new voice over Stabenow - a lifetime politician - came from the same era in Michigan that Richardville did I believe...   She played out the term limits and moved up with D power...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 12:57:04 PM »

3 women in local politics that disgust me.  Stabenow, Kaptur and Dingell.  All 3 amount to not much more than a popcorn fart.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 06:49:22 PM »

3 women in local politics that disgust me.  Stabenow, Kaptur and Dingell.  All 3 amount to not much more than a popcorn fart.

What about Jenny from the Block Granholm?  I still find her rather repulsive.

I think Whitmer shares alot of her stupid ideas too.  Bad news.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 07:48:02 PM by Monroe Native »
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 07:45:15 PM »

Have my absentee ballot in hand.  I think I'll leave both ovals uncolored.  Don't like Schutte and Whitmer is Granny revisited.  2 bad choices for Governor.

Maybe I should write in Mickey Mouse?

I will vote for James, I know what Stabenow is all about and none of it speaks of serving her constitutients.  Won't vote for Zorn either.  Another self serving overweight politician.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 07:47:06 PM by SidecarFlip »
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up