MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job  (Read 7837 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job
« on: September 19, 2018, 10:27:20 AM »

I find it amazing how dysfunctional the government is today.  The conformation is nothing but a Democrat inspired circus.  If I was Brett Kavanaugh, I'd say heck with it and withdraw.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:07:48 PM »

It's the most insane thing I've seen for this process since Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas.  This one is worse, and strategically planned to delay.  Travesty of our system IMO.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »

The republicans should do what the democrats would have done by now.  Just confirm him and tell them to STFU

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 07:20:32 PM »

It's the most insane thing I've seen for this process since Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas.  This one is worse, and strategically planned to delay.  Travesty of our system IMO.

Plus 1.

For Feinstein to have sprung this charge at the end of Kavanaugh hearing was low down, and despicable. Appears 200 women who know K. have signed letters attesting to his character. How many, besides this woman, have come out to trash Kavanaugh's character? Zero. Hey men of the forum, how many women would come forward to attest to your fine character, not counting your mother. Sidecar, I'll let you count your Mother so you don't get shut out. (That's a joke, don't want to get on wrong side of Side)   

He's had 6 FBI background checks over his career. No problem. The ABA, (American Bar Assoc.) somewhat liberal outfit, gave highest marks.

From what I've read on this man he's a straight arrow. This 36 year old
allegation is not credible enough to outweigh a man's adult lifetime of
outstanding character which is evident, and can be proven.   
John Kopke

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 07:43:28 PM »

I find it amazing how dysfunctional the government is today.  The conformation is nothing but a Democrat inspired circus.  If I was Brett Kavanaugh, I'd say heck with it and withdraw.

Do you by some chance mean 'confirmation'?

I know you're having trouble with your reading comprehension lately (apparently even reading your own writing) so I found you a nice little video to make it easier for you to figure out.

I'm glad you enjoy pointing out everyone else's errors so therefore you sure shouldn't have any problem with anyone pointing out your errors!!!

And you can drop the usual reference to KMA... 

you're just not my type...

sorry!!!

What Is The Difference Between Conformation And Confirmation?
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 07:48:09 PM »

Wow.  Thanks for the Spelling Police intervention.

It's like some people look for things to criticize. 

Guess it makes them feel better about themselves?

I say whatever helps you get out of bed in the morning....

I enjoyed Hillary's comment that all rape victims should be heard.  She has changed her position for sure!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 07:58:58 PM »

Democrats looking for major investigation into something that might have happened 35 years ago at a party of drunk high school kids. And the woman that made the acquisition now doesn't want to be interviewed. And another guy who may have been there doesn't want to talk.  But dems want to continue with another witch hunt.  Repubs better get a spine.
And speaking of drunks what were the consequences when Teddy Kennedy drove off a bridge with a female not his wife and left her to drown in the canal.  He went on to be a stalwart in the U.S. Senate and even ran for President.  The liberals have short memories
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 08:24:30 PM by blue2 »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 08:22:48 PM »

Do you by some chance mean 'confirmation'?

I know you're having trouble with your reading comprehension lately (apparently even reading your own writing) so I found you a nice little video to make it easier for you to figure out.

I'm glad you enjoy pointing out everyone else's errors so therefore you sure shouldn't have any problem with anyone pointing out your errors!!!

And you can drop the usual reference to KMA... 

you're just not my type...

sorry!!!

What Is The Difference Between Conformation And Confirmation?

Here we go again....  You knew what I meant but you just had to be a smart arse anyway.  Think I'll put you on ignore so I don't have to read your shitte anymore.  Go play fireman and don't get burned.  Have a nice day. ;D

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 08:26:34 PM »

I enjoyed Hillary's comment that all rape victims should be heard.  She has changed her position for sure!

She's groveling for votes for the party.  Wonder if Slick Willie's victims will be heard as well?

Appearing on Rachael Madcow's show isn't saying much, if anything.  I rate Madcow, the Young Turks and BRD all in the same sector.  All get ignored.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 08:43:09 PM »

Here we go again....  You knew what I meant but you just had to be a smart arse anyway.  Think I'll put you on ignore so I don't have to read your shitte anymore.  Go play fireman and don't get burned.  Have a nice day. ;D

I've suggested for years that 'you people' just ignore everything you aren't big enough to read but everyone has always ignored my suggestions! 

Do whatever you want, you're certainly old enough to make a decision of that magnitude. 

Yes, and a couple of years back when you started in on this 'kick' and pointed out that I had spelled 'sulphur' WRONG you also knew exactly what i meant too...   but you wanted to start something...

apparently another one of those things you can start but you can't finish. 

Old saying...  "if you can't take the heat then stay out of the kitchen"

Ironically I have a nice map of LaSalle Township on the wall of my office and right there it's showing Sulphur Creek...

nothing sulfur about that is there? 

Apparently you only want to play this game when you think it favors you... 

I have a word for people like that but not sure it would be tolerated here.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 08:46:49 PM »

Plus 1.

For Feinstein to have sprung this charge at the end of Kavanaugh hearing was low down, and despicable. Appears 200 women who know K. have signed letters attesting to his character. How many, besides this woman, have come out to trash Kavanaugh's character? Zero. Hey men of the forum, how many women would come forward to attest to your fine character, not counting your mother. Sidecar, I'll let you count your Mother so you don't get shut out. (That's a joke, don't want to get on wrong side of Side)   

He's had 6 FBI background checks over his career. No problem. The ABA, (American Bar Assoc.) somewhat liberal outfit, gave highest marks.

From what I've read on this man he's a straight arrow. This 36 year old
allegation is not credible enough to outweigh a man's adult lifetime of
outstanding character which is evident, and can be proven.   

I think this is criminal, not literally, but at least documented officially as unacceptable behavior or even censor.  It's a true embarrassment to our government.  Childish!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »

So...

now you're flip's puppy dog!   

He keeps telling me to KHA but it looks like he's got you doing it :o :o :o

Apparently you're another one of these guys that it's more important as to "who's right" than it is "what's right".

I didn't see you commenting with your wise cracks over the last couple of years when your big butt buddy was trying to correct all my errors he thought I was making although he did finally catch me a few weeks ago on the watts vs. kilowatts...   where were you when he was pointing that out ??? ??? ???

Probably hard to read the forum when your nose is buried in flips backside though :-\ :-\ :-\

So, I guess if you two are going to start playing tag team I better go find a partner too!

Here's a word I'm intentionally spelling wrong...

it's bawls...   

phonetically it will sound the same though!

Apparently if you can't tell flip the same thing then you just don't have any ;) ;) ;)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 11:38:43 PM »

I think this is criminal, not literally, but at least documented officially as unacceptable behavior or even censor.  It's a true embarrassment to our government.  Childish!

I find it amazing the latitude that elected officials go to to twist the truth into what they want it to look like.  Feinstein is a shining example of that.

Said before, if I was Kavanaugh, I'd voluntarily withdraw from consideration.  Pretty sure that if he does get the seat, he won't forget what a witch Feinstein is.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 07:15:49 AM »

Here we go again....  You knew what I meant but you just had to be a smart arse anyway.  Think I'll put you on ignore so I don't have to read your shitte anymore.  Go play fireman and don't get burned. Have a nice day. ;D

Apparently your reading comprehension just isn't improving with age.  Maybe I can find you a video that will explain it to the point you can understand it.

Maybe tell that to your local firefighters (men and women) when they show up to take care of your other knee when you decide to go out and 'play' logger again.  Maybe it's time we did a background check for people to purchase a chain saw! 

Still waiting for MN to condemn flip for his prior attacks... 

or is this another game of 'we want it both ways'...  one way for us (the tag team) and the other way for everyone else on the forum!!!

So, what finally 'flipped' with Flip that he had to bring you in to help him out...

he must have let you know he was losing the 'war of words' and that he needed some help ;D ;D ;D

And so MN came charging along blindly into the middle of a discussion that was really none of his concern...

but his buddy couldn't handle one old man by himself so MN 'jumped in'. 

I think there's a named psychological trait for people that want things both ways.  Maybe I can even find a video so both of you can get something out of it :o :o :o

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 07:46:57 AM »

I find it amazing the latitude that elected officials go to to twist the truth into what they want it to look like.  Feinstein is a shining example of that.

Said before, if I was Kavanaugh, I'd voluntarily withdraw from consideration.  Pretty sure that if he does get the seat, he won't forget what a witch Feinstein is.

Supreme Court Justice is a cherished position within the lawyer community I would imagine, and he would have been old enough to watch the equally brutal process that Clarence Thomas went through.  I guess it's a matter of what price you are willing to pay to reach the highest level within your profession.

Fienstien is representative of D Party leadership.......Pelosi, Schumer, Waters.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up