MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job  (Read 5446 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 02:56:17 PM »

Unless it's fake news i see a pic of the college professor from California protesting Trump a year or two ago.  I've heard she doesn't remember that but does remember the details from 36 years ago when she was probably a drunk teenager at a party..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »

Apparently your reading comprehension just isn't improving with age.  Maybe I can find you a video that will explain it to the point you can understand it.

Maybe tell that to your local firefighters (men and women) when they show up to take care of your other knee when you decide to go out and 'play' logger again.  Maybe it's time we did a background check for people to purchase a chain saw! 

Still waiting for MN to condemn flip for his prior attacks... 

or is this another game of 'we want it both ways'...  one way for us (the tag team) and the other way for everyone else on the forum!!!

So, what finally 'flipped' with Flip that he had to bring you in to help him out...

he must have let you know he was losing the 'war of words' and that he needed some help ;D ;D ;D

And so MN came charging along blindly into the middle of a discussion that was really none of his concern...

but his buddy couldn't handle one old man by himself so MN 'jumped in'. 

I think there's a named psychological trait for people that want things both ways.  Maybe I can even find a video so both of you can get something out of it :o :o :o

I never thought I'd see the day you would become the board bully.

However - welcome to being the board bully BRD.

I hope it helps you feel whatever it is you need to feel.

Please don't feel like you need to respond - because frankly I don't care whatever it is you have to say.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 10:37:33 PM »

Please don't feel like you need to respond - because frankly I don't care whatever it is you have to say.

I think he has a fart crossways.....

If he only knew (but I'm not telling him and neither are you...)
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 10:42:47 PM »

Unless it's fake news i see a pic of the college professor from California protesting Trump a year or two ago.  I've heard she doesn't remember that but does remember the details from 36 years ago when she was probably a drunk teenager at a party..

She's a never Trumper and it's been documented.  I think the whole thing is just a smoke screen to put off the confirming of Kavanaugh (there, I was more careful about spelling it right)....

Amazing how she can remember what happened 36 years ago in detail but one of the people who was there at the time has an entirely different story.

The whole thing smells fishy to me.  The Republicans need to put the 'Big Boy Pants' on and exercise the nuclear option and confirm Kavanaugh.  That would settle it once and for all.

Never thought I'd say it but, the Republicans are bigger puzzy's than the Dems are.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 10:45:12 PM »

I think he has a fart crossways.....

If he only knew (but I'm not telling him and neither are you...)

and if you do slip it out, I'll drive up there and light you up.  You know and I know and no one else needs to know.  Not for public consumption.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 09:35:50 AM by SidecarFlip »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 06:30:54 AM »

A.  YOU still are dancing around the issue of your 'double standards'.  One standard for you and your 'buddy' and a different standard.  Again, that is caring about 'who' is wrong rather than 'what' is wrong. 

Accusing me of bullying before you even address what I've pointed out to you is kind of the way you've always been though.  You're wrong and you know you're wrong so you're going on the offense and calling me a bully. 

Believe me, this is not bullying.  If you think this is bullying I've go a few forums you better stay far, far away from!!!

Just don't worry about who the big bully is...

instead own up to what all you've done wrong and the forum will be in pretty good shape.  It's been getting quite a few extra views recently...   people love a bit of drama I guess!!!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2018, 08:25:25 AM »

cannot see your comment but I will say....  whatever.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »

Big Red:

What's the deal with sparking, and then persisting in a nonsense pissing contest. Come on. Everybody, just let it go. All it does is get you all riled up where insults escalate. Think about it. All this turmoil over a freaking spelling error! Life's to short, and beside there's a ton of really important things to cross swords over.
John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2018, 09:23:39 PM »

I have him on ignore so if I don't want to read his drivel I don't.  If I do, I can open it.  Real elementary for me.

It's gotten very old.

Back to my thread as I am the OP, I feel the whole Kavanaugh fiasco has gotten extremely out of hand.  I have seriousd doubts about the sincerity of the Ford lady.  One, she's a devoted and documented Never Trumper, she's a liberal educator and I highly doubt her memory is all that good anyway.  Smells to me like a Democrat smear job. 

Feinstein had possession of the letter in June but never produced it until the 11th hour.  I bet Schumer saw it in June when Fienstein first got it and he told Feinstein to sit on t until the last minute and then produce it to throw a monkey wrench in the conformation proceedings.

It appears to me that the Democrats are desperate and will stoop[ to any lows to tarnish Trump or anyone associated with him.

Pretty sad state of affairs on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Far as I'm concerned the Republicans should exercise the nuclear option and confirm Kavanaugh and get on with the business of government...  if they can that is.

I suspect the general public has had a belly full of this political grandstanding.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 09:15:01 AM »

I read somewhere that the liberal college professor didn't really want to make any of this public but then why did she even bring it up.  It's sounding like Fienstein duped her.  The alleged incident may have come up in a drunken conversation and someone captured it.  I saw a recent pic of the college professor apparently passed out at a pool party with only part of her swimsuit on.  Maybe it's fake so i'll not post it..
I'm guessing the professor backs out and drops the charge.  Being a professor in Calif anything she does to disrupt Trump whether right or wrong is not going to tarnish her.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2018, 09:39:47 AM »

Sounds to me like her patina is already somewhat dull....  Read she's getting death threats and had to move out of her home.  Whether you believe that, remains to be seen, I don't.  I tend to look at that as media play up from the 'professional journalists that inhabit media outlets today.  If it sounds good, make it good, even if it's a lie.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2018, 09:54:14 AM »

Big Red:

What's the deal with sparking, and then persisting in a nonsense pissing contest. Come on. Everybody, just let it go. All it does is get you all riled up where insults escalate. Think about it. All this turmoil over a freaking spelling error! Life's to short, and beside there's a ton of really important things to cross swords over.

So, flip getting MN involved didn't go anywhere so now you're jumping on the bandwagon.  Apparently both MN and you realize Flip is way over his head.

First off, it wasn't the spelling error at all.  If you would have been following along for a few years you would have probably realized that but deciding to just give your 2 cents worth on the spur of the moment brings you pretty late to the party.

One thing to make a spelling error and quite another to use a completely 'wrong' word in a thread title when the word completely changes the meaning of the title.

Do you even know the difference between 'conforming' and 'confirming'?  One small letter vs. one big meaning...   if that's what you call a spelling error I sure hope you're not proof reading legal documents for an attorney.

To you bean counters that would be the equivalent of moving a decimal point a few places left or right.  It's still on the same page but it has completely changed the value of the document. 

As I pointed out earlier to MN (did you actually go back and read anything or just 'jump' when Flip yelled "jump"?) you haven't bothered to posts any criticism of flips ongoing attacks on 'my' posting errors...  (watts vs. kilo watts...  I'd think for a bean counter that would have really raised your ire but I never heard a word from you on that one).

It appears this is a lot more about who is 'right' (you're saying it's ok for Flip to be critical but everyone else should give Flip lots of leeway to make errors)...   than 'what' is right.

The old 'double standard'!!!

Whenever you and MN are ready to admit that I'm right and Flip is wrong and post that then I'll think about calling off the dogs.  For now though, all your 'intervention' is doing is throwing gasoline on the fire!!!

It's not Flip's spelling errors that really concern me as much as his 'stalking' efforts...

not sure why he has recently taken such an interest in me and my personal business and my supposed 'lack of money' but he sure keeps on a posting about it.  Makes me wonder if he's out driving by my house at night? 

The man has something wrong and if you're truly a friend of his you need to encourage him to get some counseling or see an appropriate doctor or something...   his actions are not 'normal'.

Ok, up to you and Monroe Native for now...

what's it going to be...

what's right or who is right?

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2018, 10:00:14 AM »

I opened your comment (in hopes that it was constructive), I see it's not and I should have just left it on ignore....

Get over it. and quit acting like a 2 year old.  No one cares except you and in reality, if you were acting your age, you'd have let it go long ago

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2018, 10:01:55 AM »

I have no dog (irony) in this race, but watched how the friction started and developed.  BRD, same as me, was grammar and spelling corrected several times before anything was said in retaliation, AND questions of who had the most level of expertise of every matter debated.  LOL, even I was told that it was hoped I'd lose my job just because I supported the pot initiative. 

There are some on here who simply get chastised just for stating their opinion, and then take it to a personal level.

My view, I fully understand BRD's defense of himself.

GO POT, GO ELECTRIC VEHICLES, GO RENEWABLE ENERGY!

Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2018, 10:23:44 AM »

I opened your comment (in hopes that it was constructive), I see it's not and I should have just left it on ignore....

Get over it. and quit acting like a 2 year old.  No one cares except you and in reality, if you were acting your age, you'd have let it go long ago

Says the dude that just posted about me having 'half a brain' in another thread!!!

You're the one that started all 'a couple of years back and lately you've escalated it.  I'm just protesting!!!

I want you to take a few minutes and explain to me your sudden interest in what you have posted a few times "my lack of money"!!!

The underlying issue somehow is that anyone that isn't the same as you or on your financial level is somehow less worthy.

Come on...   tell us all why you've taken on this sudden interest in me and my 'lack of money'...

what business is any of that of yours?

Have I ever asked to borrow a dollar from you?

Why are you puppy dogging me?

Just grow up and be a real man and let everyone else live their lives.  Stop trying to impose your standards on the rest of the population!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up