MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job  (Read 12732 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job
« Reply #225 on: November 03, 2018, 09:22:05 PM »

It's going to be ugly if they take the House. But they won't. They lost every battle they picked with Trump and they'll lose the midterms too.

I hope you are right!

Welcome to the forum.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #226 on: November 03, 2018, 09:25:22 PM »

I don't believe they will take either house.  My feeling is they will lose seats, not gain them.
I agree. Right now they have a great scapegoat with Trump. If they try and throw out Hillary for another run in 2020, it will only prove that they are actually quite content with the way things are going and get to blame Trump if anything goes wrong. Meanwhile the corporate campaign contributions will continue to flow in.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #227 on: November 03, 2018, 09:26:55 PM »

Meanwhile the corporate campaign contributions will continue to flow in.

To both parties.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #228 on: November 03, 2018, 09:36:34 PM »

To both parties.
Agreed. Or should that be Ah, greed? Meh, either way :-\
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #229 on: November 03, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »

You're right the republicans had opportunities but the leaders in congress hated Trump.  Ryan still does and McConnell apparently has toned it down a little.  I don't think he's a Trump fan yet but he's less hostile

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2018, 10:46:10 AM »

Not 100% Trump myself but the alternative to Trump is not very palatable.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2019, 12:51:47 PM »

Anybody seen Ruth lately?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:53:22 PM by whispers »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2019, 04:40:20 PM »

Anybody seen Ruth lately?

Actually, NO.  I've heard nothing lately.

Serafin

• New Talker
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2019, 07:18:54 AM »

Well, that paints a slightly different picture, doesn't it? What slightly worries is that the Mexican soldiers "thought" the American soldiers were on Mexican soil. That sounds fishy to me.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2019, 07:40:46 AM »

This was posted yesterday April 25, 2019 -  Interesting these types of international incursions occur frequently and particularly during the Obama Administration.  Now whether or not the armed intruders were Mexican soldiers or drug cartel members isn't known yet ( for public to know).

A policy, as a mandate, I believe there should be combat ready military units permanently stationed and rotating duty stations down and across the north with Canada. There points all across the north in remote areas where there no security at all. I have a friend in New Hampshire who tells me there is a well-known store with a back facing Canada and front door leading to the streets of that little town and the local joke is seeing people walking in one door and out the other unchecked.

Alot of foreigners partiulalry Mexicans and Chineese head to Canada and end up in Seattle, Washington and California too. Albainans,  Chineese, amd middle eastern types can sometimes running free as deer through Downriver Detroit neighborhoods from nightime boating landing points across the Detroit River at night despite Border patrols. 

Go into a local eatery or local CVS and its not uncommon to stand in line and you may hear three or four groups speaking Russian, Spanish, Arabic, and other native languages and no English, using sign language to make a simple purchase. You wait in long lines as these people haggle and struggle to communicate and wonder if this is even America any longer or Toronto.

Volunteer at some of these polling places during elections and you'll see people assisting those who cannot speak or read English using interpreters to explain and point out who to vote for. It's all disgusting. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Headline:  Trump Sends Warning to Mexico After Its Soldiers Draw Guns on US Troops in US: ‘Better Not Happen Again!’

"President Donald Trump sent Mexico a warning Wednesday in response to an incident in which Mexican troops reportedly pointed their weapons at U.S. troops.

“Mexico’s Soldiers recently pulled guns on our National Guard Soldiers, probably as a diversionary tactic for drug smugglers on the Border. Better not happen again! We are now sending ARMED SOLDIERS to the Border. Mexico is not doing nearly enough in apprehending & returning!” Trump tweeted Wednesday.

Although the American troops were on U.S. soil, they apparently drove past a border fence that the Mexicans thought marked the boundary, while the incident actually took place just north of the official border. The foreign soldiers pointed weapons and confronted the Americans, even temporarily disarming them.

------------
Source: By Jack Davis, Western Journal, Published April 24, 2019 at 10:21am
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:52:51 AM by whispers »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2019, 09:49:09 AM »

Well, that paints a slightly different picture, doesn't it? What slightly worries is that the Mexican soldiers "thought" the American soldiers were on Mexican soil. That sounds fishy to me.

They were in an ummarked vehicle (I presume a civillian pickup truck) and were questioned and released.  They relinquished their handguns to the Mexican soldiers voluntarily and had them returned after the Mexican's determined who they were.  Was a mix up not an incident that people are inflating...  as usual.

I happen to be good friends with a retired border patrol officer,  He knows the skinny.

whispers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2019, 07:51:29 PM »

They were in an ummarked vehicle (I presume a civillian pickup truck) and were questioned and released.  They relinquished their handguns to the Mexican soldiers voluntarily and had them returned after the Mexican's determined who they were.  Was a mix up not an incident that people are inflating...  as usual.

I happen to be good friends with a retired border patrol officer,  He knows the skinny.

---------------------

----------------------

I knew a number of them and worked with many on the "Late Show" midnight shift.  They use to back us  met their intelligence people I use to talk with a police officer often on midnights who joined the USBP and was killed down there by weapons provided to cartel members by ATF in the Holder / Obama gun scandal. As you can there have many "mix ups," for a very long time. 

Headline:  Armed Mexican Troops Have Crossed the U.S. Border More Than 300 Times Since 2004 

"McALLEN, TEXAS — Armed Mexican military troops and Mexican law enforcement officials have crossed the United States border more than 300 times since 2004, according to a written response from the Department of Homeland Security to a California congressman. The offenders have reportedly never been prosecuted for crossing illegally with loaded weapons."

" In fact, a 2006 DHS map obtained by this reporter revealed that the Mexican military had crossed into the United States 216 times from 1996 to 2006. One of the maps had the seal of the president’s National Drug Control Policy."

--------------

Source:  The Blaze, Sara Carter, Jun 17, 2014,  http://www.theblaze.com/news/2014/06/17/armed-mexican-troops-have-crossed-the-u-s-border-more-than-300-times-since-2004
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up