MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job  (Read 13758 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Kavanaugh conformation has turned into a political hack job
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »

Sad to see the delay tactics have actually worked... 

All future delay tactics will pale now in comparison

All committee chairs must now negotiate with all witnesses and meet their demands
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »

The democrats have always know how to work over the republicans.  Whether they are in the majority or minority they are always in charge.
From what i have ever seen this group of democrats always get loud, scream and accuse republicans of what the democrats have done wrong and they make it stick.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2018, 06:00:03 PM »

What is really sad is Kavanaugh is probably the best pick anyone could make.  This Ford Lady is very questionable.  I'll be amazed if she does appear.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2018, 06:37:38 PM »

What is sad is how many times Democrats have used women in these slander attacks.

But hey!  It is Republicans that hate women.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2018, 08:14:10 PM »

What is sad is how many times Democrats have used women in these slander attacks.

But hey!  It is Republicans that hate women.

I don't do you.  I'm a republican and always have been, well, I prefer to vote for the best person unless both are turds like Schutte and Whitmer.  Not checking either box.  Neither one is worth a pile of dung.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2018, 09:49:42 PM »

I don't know what I'm going to do for Mich governor. I don't like anything Whitmer wants to do.  Schutte either and I think I'd rather have him than her. But in reality it may not matter 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2018, 08:54:09 AM »

I saw on the late news (after the Lions big W) that one of Kavanaugh's Yale schoolmates is now speaking up and saying Kavanaugh attacked her at a party. 

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2018, 09:22:49 AM »

democrats are desperate.  They do not want another conservative on the SCOTUS.  Their liberal program will be over.  Unless this lady has pictures then the republicans should say we've had enough of this crap and confirm Kavanaugh.  Dems are hoping they win the house and be able to block everything Trump wants to do until he is out of office.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »

Big Red:

What's the deal with sparking, and then persisting in a nonsense pissing contest. Come on. Everybody, just let it go. All it does is get you all riled up where insults escalate. Think about it. All this turmoil over a freaking spelling error! Life's to short, and beside there's a ton of really important things to cross swords over.

Where'd you go John?

Car 54 where are you?  C'mon John we all need your shining light as our beacon 8) 8) 8)

Car 54, Where Are You (Intro) S1 (1961)

Not like you to just disappear for three days in a row.

I'm still curious to see if you're going to sign onto "what's right or wrong" being more important than "who's right or wrong"...

my guess is you probably aren't prepared to do that since it would totally fly in the face of your past political stances!!!

C'mon John...   we're all still waiting for your reply...

I know there aren't any numbers to crunch so even a bean counter shouldn't have to take this long :-\ :-\ :-\
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »

It appears that there is no one on the forum that is immune from attacks from nice guy BRD

I'm glad he served for the right to be an.......
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2018, 03:18:21 PM »

I don't know what I'm going to do for Mich governor. I don't like anything Whitmer wants to do.  Schutte either and I think I'd rather have him than her. But in reality it may not matter

In my view, Schutte looks at being Governor as a stepping stone to bigger and better political offices.  Never been impressed with him.  Gretchen Whitmer on the other hand was with Granny during her tenure and we all know how Granny was.  I look at Whitmer as an extension of Granny and her failed policies, not that the 'Nerd' is any better.  He started out with good intentions and then became just another political hack.

The Nerd has basically done nothing except occupy the seat during the last year.

I see Schutte is (or was) trailing Whitmer but I trust polls about as much as I trust Obama.

I find it interesting that like Washington, you cannot get a good honest person to run for public office.  The exception to that is Trump, why the media and the Democrats hate him so much.  He tosses a Monkey Wrench into the plans.

The, you have Kavanaugh.  You could not have a better nominee for a Supreme Court Justice but because Trump picked him, the new parety of no hates him and are attempting a smear job for no reason but contempt for Trump.  Has nothing to do with Kavanaugh, it's guilt by association.

Must be something in the Lansing water that does it.  Not sure.  Maybe in the DC water too.... ;D

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2018, 03:28:01 PM »

It appears that there is no one on the forum that is immune from attacks from nice guy BRD

Butthole?  Everyone has one.  Some people's buttholes serve more than one purpose.... ;D

Winnowing the herd.  Pretty soon, all that will be left that regularly posts will be the dog and his sidekick fuzz.  They can enjoy the silence together.  They can post to the bots that frequent the forum but never post.  Like that last one Halo Girl.  Everything was hunky dory until someone posted something she found slightly offensive and then she packed up her toys and left instead of rebutting.  She put me in mind of someone who needed a teething ring to suck on.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2018, 06:52:07 PM »

Butthole?  Everyone has one.  Some people's buttholes serve more than one purpose.... ;D

Winnowing the herd.  Pretty soon, all that will be left that regularly posts will be the dog and his sidekick fuzz.  They can enjoy the silence together.  They can post to the bots that frequent the forum but never post.  Like that last one Halo Girl.  Everything was hunky dory until someone posted something she found slightly offensive and then she packed up her toys and left instead of rebutting.  She put me in mind of someone who needed a teething ring to suck on.

Actually I've received comments from more than one past active poster that they would go back to posting if they didn't get hammered by a few of the posters here!!!   Pretty sure they weren't referring to the fuzz or to myself ;D ;D ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2018, 07:30:59 PM »

It's 'a' that goes before PATRIOT rather than 'an'...

but at least you tried!!!

You could have served if you had really wanted to...

well, unless there's 'something' wrong with you. 

I don't ever recall a time when any of the military branches weren't accepting volunteers although there have been times when they got a bit more strict on who they would accept...

that's probably when you 'tried' to enlist ;) ;) ;)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2018, 07:59:18 PM »

Old dog knows everything about everyone.

Oh and on top of that no matter what you did he did it better.

Oh and everyone adores him

LOL I'm just happy to be allowed to be run down by him on a daily basis.

What a nice guy.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up