MonroeTalks.com > Categories > People > VA to Observe POW/MIA Recognition Day September 21

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VA to Observe POW/MIA Recognition Day September 21  (Read 368 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
VA to Observe POW/MIA Recognition Day September 21
« on: September 21, 2018, 01:12:55 PM »

Never forget...

FREEDOM is not free!!!

Glad to see this catching hold in more areas.  I have little doubt there are still POWs being held by more than a few of our current or former enemies. 

Modern DNA technology is now allowing us to locate the remains of those missing in action for decades. 

I saw the city or the battlefield park people had N. Dixie lined with the black flags yesterday from Elm north to the entrance to the Ice Arena (not sure what they're calling it now that the ice all melted).

https://www.upmatters.com/news/local-news/va-to-observe-powmia-recognition-day-september-21/1453894241
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: VA to Observe POW/MIA Recognition Day September 21
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 01:27:44 PM »

A little more on the flags along N. Dixie. 

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20180917/history-celebrated-with-jeep-parade-rally-at-battlefield

On a sidenote to the Jeep part of the story....

I don't remember where we were but one day in the last week or so I saw a nice shiny black jeep with lots of chrome and fancy wheels...

On the back was a sticker that said:  "I'm the Black Jeep of the family"!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up