MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Getting Started & Site News > I'm done...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm done...  (Read 1989 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: I'm done...
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 08:57:44 AM »

Thought you were done?  Cannot stay away I guess.  I have no problem with you so long as you can act civil and if you show me you can, I'll remove you from my ignore list.  Until then, you stay in hiatus.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 09:17:09 AM »

Narcissists often believe their views are inherently superior to other people's perspectives. But what they truly value is the attention they receive for holding those views.

For example, Burgo said, a narcissist might believe he has a closer connection to God — but it's more important to him that other people acknowledge this connection and admire his deep sense of spirituality.

https://www.businessinsider.com/signs-you-are-a-narcissist-2015-10#you-are-self-righteous-6
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2018, 09:47:37 AM »

Interesting synopsis.

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2018, 10:21:10 AM »

Wow...   I stopped by this morning just to start a new thread on the history board.  I was surprised to find several private messages from posters including some I don't even know.  Thanks for the comments and I appreciate your support. 

A few let me know they were unable to 'email' me as it kept bouncing back.  The email I used when I signed up was a Charter email and they're out of my life but I had never changed the email. 

I changed it here so link should work or you can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com  Always glad to hear from nice people.  Others will be ignored.

it was nice to hear from you this morning my friend  :)

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2018, 10:23:43 AM »

Thought you were done?

He said in the very message itself that he would be slipping in from time to time and no just because I read that does not make him my hero (according to MN) - I am not doing any name calling or anything like that.  As I have said, if my comment feels to ME that it will be beneath my standards then I won't even bother.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »

2 mens issues are not mine.  I don't comment one way or other or take sides.  I just read and often chuckle..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2018, 12:34:06 PM »

At BRD's age, slipping could be hazardous to his health.  he's old btw.  Not quite as old as I am but old none the less.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up