MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Bar Etiquette

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bar Etiquette  (Read 273 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Bar Etiquette
« on: September 29, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »

Is it okay to bring your kids to a bar on a Friday Evening (about 8:30 or 9:00 PM) and then let them run around it like they are at Chuckie Cheese's?

I was under the impression that Bar's were adult places....

Fine - bring your kid - but keep them at YOUR table?  Better yet - get them a sitter and a cheese pizza and leave them at home if you want to go out drinking on a Friday night?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Bar Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 07:44:03 PM »

Kids shouldn’t be allowed to run around any restaurant. Maybe Chuckies!  If it’s an out and out bar they probably should not be there.  At least set at the table. But I guess I’m old
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:05:24 PM by blue2 »

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »

You may be old blue2, but sheesh, kids should be seen and not heard!  (Guess I am old too)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »

I only had my children at social gatherings where marijuana and opiods were abused, and then we would drop them off at strangers homes and go out and commit random felonies.   ;)

Me and my bride never frequented bars just to go drink, but if they served food we did that plenty.  I used to like the place where the old movie place was on Telegraph.....I think it was called Johnny Joe's.  We really enjoyed eating there but the kids were never allowed to just randomly run around.  Now, after dining and if there were coin games for them to play then we would allow that before leaving.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 12:50:07 PM »

You may be old blue2, but sheesh, kids should be seen and not heard!  (Guess I am old too)

Guess that makes three of us then!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1]   Go Up