MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Bar Etiquette

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bar Etiquette  (Read 651 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Bar Etiquette
« on: September 29, 2018, 06:42:05 PM »

Is it okay to bring your kids to a bar on a Friday Evening (about 8:30 or 9:00 PM) and then let them run around it like they are at Chuckie Cheese's?

I was under the impression that Bar's were adult places....

Fine - bring your kid - but keep them at YOUR table?  Better yet - get them a sitter and a cheese pizza and leave them at home if you want to go out drinking on a Friday night?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Bar Etiquette
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 07:44:03 PM »

Kids shouldn’t be allowed to run around any restaurant. Maybe Chuckies!  If it’s an out and out bar they probably should not be there.  At least set at the table. But I guess I’m old
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:05:24 PM by blue2 »

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »

You may be old blue2, but sheesh, kids should be seen and not heard!  (Guess I am old too)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »

I only had my children at social gatherings where marijuana and opiods were abused, and then we would drop them off at strangers homes and go out and commit random felonies.   ;)

Me and my bride never frequented bars just to go drink, but if they served food we did that plenty.  I used to like the place where the old movie place was on Telegraph.....I think it was called Johnny Joe's.  We really enjoyed eating there but the kids were never allowed to just randomly run around.  Now, after dining and if there were coin games for them to play then we would allow that before leaving.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 12:50:07 PM »

You may be old blue2, but sheesh, kids should be seen and not heard!  (Guess I am old too)

Guess that makes three of us then!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 07:01:21 PM »

Bars that serve food still have hours that kids aren't allowed...  unless that law has changed.   

Fuzz the old movie place is now Dolce' Vita   Nick n Nino's...   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 07:20:48 PM »

It was Johnny Joes though for a while. No matter what you ordered they used the same exact sauce. Never did like it much
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »

I believe it was a bar/pizza joint called Dino’s back in the 70’s.
Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 12:08:46 AM »

I don't remember that. I remember when it was a movie theatre then I thought it went right to Johny n Joes after being vacant for a few years then Dolce. Been wrong before though!!
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 07:47:56 AM »

I believe it was a bar/pizza joint called Dino’s back in the 70’s.

I have been there many times! :)  Pizza made by Fox! LOL 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 10:41:45 AM »

Glad I don't drink and never frequent bars.....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 06:46:42 PM »

Glad I don't drink and never frequent bars.....

You are missing out on some pretty good burgers!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 09:23:29 PM »

Some of the places we go serve hard liquor but aren't bars in that sense of the word.  Applebees comes to mind, so does La Fiesta and Lena's in Blissfield.  All have booze but we drink soft drinks.  Been wanting to try the Walnut in P'burg, I hear they have really good pizza but I also hear the service sucks big time.  I'm not a sitter and wait person.  I want to be waited on, order my meal, get it delivered, eat and vacate.

The Great Lakes Eatery has really good burgers and onion rings (and booze) but their prices are way too steep.  They think they are in Bloomfield Hills, not Dundee.  Went one time won't go back again.  I feel that 50 bucks for 2 burgers (they were huge) an order of rings (we shared) and 2 soft drinks is way too much.  I learned from my uncle when I was a kid (he owned the Crystal Ball in Norwalk, Ohio, that the cheapest ting is any beanery is the food.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: [1]   Go Up