MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > MB&T!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MB&T!  (Read 2135 times)

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
Re: MB&T!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2018, 11:00:18 PM »

Rumor from a pretty reputable source was ~100.   And mostly better paying back office jobs, not near-minimum wage branch staff.

They have too many branches.   Local pride was the only reason for no closing more.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »

Was at the Petersburg branch yesterday to make a deposit to my commercial account and asked the teller if anything is changing.  She said 'business as usual', whatever that means.

I agree, too many under performing branches.  I suspect a lot of employees will be unhappy down the line.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »

The only jobs gone will be those that can be handled out of town -    Likely meaning payroll, accounting, and HR...     
They are keeping anyone that deals with the public - or businesses...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 06:30:51 PM »

The only jobs gone will be those that can be handled out of town -    Likely meaning payroll, accounting, and HR...     

If that is the case, they won't need toe downtown building anymore either.  No need for extra office space.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 11:20:16 PM »

If that is the case, they won't need toe downtown building anymore either.  No need for extra office space.
Actually that's where they have wealth management and other services out of...    The actual bank - we'll it will be interesting to see over the next few years with just another bank vs a hometown bank how the whole services and presence goes...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 09:40:18 AM »

I see even though the "shareholders" have yet to approve -  the name change is starting
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »

I see even though the "shareholders" have yet to approve -  the name change is starting

So long as they get adequately greased, I don't see any flack....  Another Monroe Institution goes bye-bye...

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »

So they say....  Talk is cheap as are pink slips.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 06:22:40 PM »

You can bet they had proxy for enough shares before they even started negotiating.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2019, 12:40:59 AM »

The Stock never moved much...   I guess the benefit of merger wasn't there to excite buyers
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up