MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Well at least we won't have to worry about all those pesky jobs.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well at least we won't have to worry about all those pesky jobs.  (Read 3111 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Well at least we won't have to worry about all those pesky jobs.
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 01:07:50 PM »

A few years ago some outfit from out of state wanted to come to Bedford township and build a community of hundreds of that kind of housing. I think it took a while but the zoning board finally shut them out and hopefully can keep them out.  The park off Telegraph all the way to Lewis south of Smith probably has more 911 calls than all of Bedford.  It's a very large community full of school kids that probably all the taxes together don't pay enough to support one kid in school.    I get it that there has to be housing avail for low income families that wish to stay in a community but why do something to invite them in.  The company wanting to build the housing wasn't interested in helping Bedford residents.  They were looking to make a lot of money.

There are some nice units in there had a friend who lived there at one time.  Nice trailer, nice cars and motorcycles, they can afford that stuff because they don't contribute anything in RE taxes so the community loses, big time.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »

Yes,there are people that would rather have things instead of paying for a house along with the expenses. And I even  get it that there are people that can’t afford expensive houses and need a place to live. They still should pay their fair share of taxes it takes to support them. Less than $100 a year not right

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 09:13:14 PM »

One thing that I never liked about a manufactured home was the way they go up in a fire.  They burn hot and fast.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2018, 09:31:12 AM »

They seem to use most of the same materials that go into custom built homes.  It has too be the the shape and basically one room where the fire would roar like down in a tunnel..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2018, 11:45:31 AM »

I like how mobile home parks seem to attract  tornadoes.

Makes me feel safer  having a lure around.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2018, 11:59:57 AM »

I like how mobile home parks seem to attract  tornadoes.

Makes me feel safer  having a lure around.

............... ;D

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 12:02:43 PM »

They seem to use most of the same materials that go into custom built homes.  It has too be the the shape and basically one room where the fire would roar like down in a tunnel..

Keep in mind there are 2 building requirements use in mobile home construction, BOCA code and VA code.  BOCA is much more stringent as to wall construction, insulation, window placement and a buch of other stuff.  BOCA homes can be set on a foundation and occupied as a permanent structure.  VA homes are on wheels.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up