MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Well at least we won't have to worry about all those pesky jobs.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Well at least we won't have to worry about all those pesky jobs.  (Read 366 times)

Maverick

• Hero Talker
Re: Well at least we won't have to worry about all those pesky jobs.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 04:59:27 PM »

Are you surprised ?
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 09:07:13 PM »

Are you surprised ?

Yes......

How the heck could you farm that site????

Really?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 09:32:20 PM »

You cannot.  Besides, there is no money in farming right now.  I think you'll start seeing farmers that are heavily leveraged go tits up in the next year or two.  I plan on doing some auctions and buying another late model machine cheap.  Got my eye on a nice low hours 120 horse JD cab with FWA.

Gonna be a lot of green machine on the block shortly.

Crop prices are depressed and inputs have doubled in the past year.

Frenchtown is stupid.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 10:31:42 PM »

I think this is a case where Frenchtown would lose in court.

You have to let a property owner get SOME use from their land.

It wouldn't be hard to argue the land can't be used the way it is zoned now.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 11:58:08 PM »

The developer should have asked for contract zoning. That way the developer can develop the way he says he is going to and the twp can have some assurance that he will follow his sales pitch. Theres two sides to every coin but Frenchtown does have a well deserved reputation of crapping in their food dish when it comes to economic development. As few times as someone tries to bring a development of this size to our county everyone should bend over backwards to make it happen. Frenchtown has never had that mindset. They have gotten lucky a few times but it was never because they tried to make it happen.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 08:22:19 AM »

Sounds like Petersburg (city).  Storefront's empty, faced with a multi-million dollar water upgrade and no money.  Oh well, just another Deefield ghost town in the making.  Poor citizens in P'Burg are taxed to death by ineffectual city government.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 10:12:01 AM »

Read that Sears is contemplating bankruptcy and has retained a consulting outfit to expedite that.  Kind of surprised they are still in business today.  read they are bleeding badly.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2018, 07:50:03 PM »

Frenchtown killed the Custer airport expansion   
Yet let Telegraph overbuild without creating any access roads.   

And people wonder why developers complain about "regulations" killing things... 

we'll be lucky if they ever decide to do Fermi III  - job wise

Nike base acreage will sit abandoned and collect more trash it seems...
and what "houses" isn't that area full of Trailer parks? 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 08:23:53 PM »

Those are 'houses' they just wiggle when people are at one end...lol  'If this trailer is a rock'in, don't come a knock'in'

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker

Fnd what "houses" isn't that area full of Trailer parks?

Yes Telegraph and Newport Road to the east have mobile home parks but the west side of Newport has some houses down there.

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker

Those are 'houses' they just wiggle when people are at one end...lol  'If this trailer is a rock'in, don't come a knock'in'

I myself am in a mobile home and feel quite comfortable in it.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

Frenchtown killed the Custer airport expansion   
Yet let Telegraph overbuild without creating any access roads.   

And people wonder why developers complain about "regulations" killing things... 

we'll be lucky if they ever decide to do Fermi III  - job wise

Nike base acreage will sit abandoned and collect more trash it seems...
and what "houses" isn't that area full of Trailer parks?

Maybe Frenchtown is holding out for another trailer park to hardly pay taxes but put even more demands for government services.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

I myself am in a mobile home and feel quite comfortable in it.

I'm sure you are.  There are some inherent issue with mobile homes however.  The big one is the real estate tax issue and how they impact local services and how those services are paid for.  The other issue is value.  Mobile homes, unlike brick and mortar real estate don't appreciate, they depreciate.  In my view, it's a bad investment.

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker

I'm sure you are.  There are some inherent issue with mobile homes however.  The big one is the real estate tax issue and how they impact local services and how those services are paid for.  The other issue is value.  Mobile homes, unlike brick and mortar real estate don't appreciate, they depreciate.  In my view, it's a bad investment.

bad investment or not this is our home and has been for over 20 years now and will continue to be so.  There are times in our lives when maybe we can't get what we want but trust me when I say, I am very grateful to have a roof over my head even if it is a mobile home.  I know a lot of people (not saying you by any means) love the terminology "trailer trash" and while that MAY be in a lot of cases, there are a LOT of mobile home parks that are very well managed, kept up, and you can tell people care about where they live.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up