MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > I see Gary Tepke is subject to another recall

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I see Gary Tepke is subject to another recall  (Read 1107 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
I see Gary Tepke is subject to another recall
« on: October 19, 2018, 02:53:28 PM »

Poor Live,  Tries to do a good job and then gets slammed with yet another recall.  He balanced the budget for his township but the residents were pissed that he didn't contract with MCRC for brine application because the Township didn't have the funding.  My experience is brine is a poor dust control agent, one rain and it's done.

CACL is much better but costs more.  London can afford neither so I feel Gary made the right call even if a select group of citizens feel otherwise.

Being a supervisor is a thankless job.  If I was Gary, I'd not bother running again and let London Township sink into it's political morass.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Maverick

• Hero Talker
Re: I see Gary Tepke is subject to another recall
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:31:16 AM »

Not contracting for brine is not the reason Gary is being recalled. He's being recalled because he is trying to enforce the codes in his township. The brine statement and the statement that he supported marijuana are just technical reasons needed to start the recall petition.
Hopefully the citizens will see right through that and keep him.

When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 10:26:22 AM »

We may revert to the days of the old west eventually.  Nobody will want to be a public figure.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 12:08:10 PM »

Not contracting for brine is not the reason Gary is being recalled. He's being recalled because he is trying to enforce the codes in his township. The brine statement and the statement that he supported marijuana are just technical reasons needed to start the recall petition.
Hopefully the citizens will see right through that and keep him.

I realize that Mav.  I just used the brine thing to score a point.  Fiscal responsibility is what Gary is about.  Knowing him personally, he strikes me as a straight up person.  Problem is, being a supervisor don't mean everyone is content with the job you do.  It's a thankless job that don't pay nearly enough for the BS involved.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »

On my weekly drive through London Township I always see plenty of blight enforcement opportunities.

It would be a better place to live if someone did just that!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »

Bedford twp has their share too.  And we have 3 ordinance officers who ride around all day.  Word is they won't cite anyone unless there is a complaint.  How stupid.  We don't need them riding around then.  Fire 2 of them and have one sit in township hall waiting for complaints to roll in/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 06:40:12 AM by blue2 »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »

I remember back when we moved here (32 years ago), we looked at homes in Bedford and I said to CL, Bedford isn't for me and it seems to be getting worse, not better.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »

On my weekly drive through London Township I always see plenty of blight enforcement opportunities.

It would be a better place to live if someone did just that!

I'm not really sure about where London Township is actually.  I presume around Milan Dragway but again, not sure.  I do know that Gary inhereted a mess and usually when straightening out a mess, some citizens get butt hurt because being a mess isn't always a mess to some.

Like I said, a thankless job that pays little.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 09:08:33 PM »

Yes there was plenty of lawlessness going on under past boards. Gary ran on an "I'll give it my best shot to straighten this up " philosophy. Without any money in the budget it's harder than most would know. Gary has done a lot to at least point the twp in the right direction. There is a small group of malcontents that are used to getting away with anything they want that are opposing everything that Gary does. Mostly because it affects their own little scam they have been running in the township for years. It's definitely a power struggle between lawfulness and lawlessness.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »

I wonder if Gary ever got to the bottom of who laced his bean field with barbed wire and Tee posts and screwed up his combine.  Never heard squat about that.

London reminds me of Summerfield Township in the way that a select group of people can get away with just about anything and not be held accountable for it.

I think that plays out in all rural jurisdictions.

The 'big wheels' in these townships are in fact really small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 05:11:42 PM »

I agree that is the case in most municipalities.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »

Yes there was plenty of lawlessness going on under past boards. Gary ran on an "I'll give it my best shot to straighten this up " philosophy. Without any money in the budget it's harder than most would know. Gary has done a lot to at least point the twp in the right direction. There is a small group of malcontents that are used to getting away with anything they want that are opposing everything that Gary does. Mostly because it affects their own little scam they have been running in the township for years. It's definitely a power struggle between lawfulness and lawlessness.

Draining swamps is a nasty business.  Ask Donald Trump.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 05:37:51 PM »

Tecumseh and Blissfield also have some recall's going on.

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 02:52:50 AM »

Tecumseh and Blissfield also have some recall's going on.
I couldn't care less about Blissfields issue... the recall in T Town is quite warranted.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2018, 09:19:14 AM »

Just following along as it unfolds.  We know Tritt so it's all interesting.  Small town politics.  We have that too.  Sometimes I think small town politics are more divisive than Washington politics.  Certainly more nasty....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up