MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > California Wild fires...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: California Wild fires...  (Read 646 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
California Wild fires...
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:36:18 PM »

Sad to read of the deaths -  and I wonder why those in the communities don't have some advance warning system... 

But the other side of the story is the costs to the Electric Utility -   California must have much different liability laws - as the power company is up for over 10 billion in fines and costs...   has suspended its dividend and may not survive.   

Utility stocks are boring and you just collect dividends -  DTE has been pretty good for years! 

PG&E  was a 47 dollar stock down to 25 and falling... 

Who will step in and run power through such lands with the liability exposure?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: California Wild fires...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 08:00:18 AM »

It's probably nice to live in the forests but there are consequences.. It's nice to live on the beach in Fla too but there are consequences..  Taxpayers in the midwest are feeling the burden.

old salt

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 10:46:11 AM »

PG&E should leave California.  Go totally renewable.  They are all but demanding it now.  Include it in the rebuild and everyone wins.  No more gas stations, just re-charging stations.  <sarcasm off>

There is a blogger that I follow from Paradise who lost everything.  I hit his tip jar.  It must be devastating for all those that lost everything.
Voting Democrat Will Destroy Your Family, Grow Government, Raise Your Taxes, Increase Crime, Reduce Individual Rights, And Diminish Western Civilization.

Right wing free speech is violence, left wing violence is free speech.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 09:27:01 AM »

Fortunate for most they had "means"  after all its not cheap to live in the Malibu area... 

Still amazed as now the number of missing is going near the 1000 mark...   that no early warning system was ever considered.

After all they have had the rain - dry   rain dry   cycle for centuries  allowing for a beautiful undergrowth that these fires thrive on.       but some act as if its a new phenomena  related to the climate change

Cal fire website showed   Venture fire in 1932  same acreage devastated   no deaths or structures destroyed
last years 2017  fire lost 1000 structures and 2 deaths...   

Moving into such areas without knowing the hazard is difficult to understand. 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 12:38:40 PM »

Fortunate for most they had "means"  after all its not cheap to live in the Malibu area... 

Still amazed as now the number of missing is going near the 1000 mark...   that no early warning system was ever considered.

After all they have had the rain - dry   rain dry   cycle for centuries  allowing for a beautiful undergrowth that these fires thrive on.       but some act as if its a new phenomena  related to the climate change

Cal fire website showed   Venture fire in 1932  same acreage devastated   no deaths or structures destroyed
last years 2017  fire lost 1000 structures and 2 deaths...   

Moving into such areas without knowing the hazard is difficult to understand.

Sounds to me like you are getting dangerously close to insulting the First Responders like Trump did.

I have not clue why every celebrity can say this is all due to Global Warming, but if Trump says you need to do a better job clearing the brush out he is "politicizing" the situation.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 08:37:14 AM »

Sounds to me like you are getting dangerously close to insulting the First Responders like Trump did.

I have not clue why every celebrity can say this is all due to Global Warming, but if Trump says you need to do a better job clearing the brush out he is "politicizing" the situation.
Well if its not the States Job,  and we know they don't like federale's in Mexicfornia -  and the Utilities can't afford to do it - Even though its going to cost one Billions...    The locals need to start taking walks and check the conditions of their "hoods"...   
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 09:33:00 AM »

Well if its not the States Job,  and we know they don't like federale's in Mexicfornia -  and the Utilities can't afford to do it - Even though its going to cost one Billions...    The locals need to start taking walks and check the conditions of their "hoods"...

Everyone loves the house with the wilderness coming right up to the edges of the house....  until that wilderness burns down.

But hey - it isn't there fault - it's all global warming.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 04:21:10 PM »

Everyone loves the house with the wilderness coming right up to the edges of the house....  until that wilderness burns down.

But hey - it isn't there fault - it's all global warming.

Global warming is BS perpetrated on the public by lain-brained scientists and promoted by Soros and Bloomberg.

It's not global warming at all.  In reality it's the natural progression from ice age to temperate and back again and think as we may, no human can alter that.  Humans think that they can control everything.  They cannot and climate change is one of those things.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: [1]   Go Up