MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Speaking of the devil...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaking of the devil...  (Read 247 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Speaking of the devil...
« on: December 08, 2018, 07:45:21 PM »

The Blissfield Fire Department burned up today....  Pretty bad when you fire hall goes up in smoke....lol
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Speaking of the devil...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 08:00:02 PM »

Did they call 911

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 08:49:25 AM »

The Blissfield Fire Department burned up today....  Pretty bad when you fire hall goes up in smoke....lol

Did someone else show up to water the embers?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 07:04:51 PM »

Yes and yes, an off duty Deerfield fireman driving by saw the smoke and called it in.  It roasted some of their equipment and all the local departments came to put it out.  I heard the building is toast or waterlogged embers...lol

Picture of a cremated ambulance on the front page of the Telegram today.

Pretty sad when your fire hall goes up in smoke.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 11:22:11 AM »

I think they said it was a vehicle fire -  the Ambulance - that caused it...   

did someone forget to shut off the battery switch?     We killed the power to all our vehicles while parked indoors
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 11:48:55 AM »

I think they said it was a vehicle fire -  the Ambulance - that caused it...   

did someone forget to shut off the battery switch?     We killed the power to all our vehicles while parked indoors

With the newer vehicles, I believe that isn't an option.  If you kill the power to the ECM, it's all over unless it's reflashed.  It was the ambulance far as I can ascertain.  Most likely an electrical short and resulting fire.

Saw pictures of their equipment, it all looks toasted to a degree.  I bet the insurance carrier is on the hook for millions and I bet their premium will go up after the fact.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 07:30:40 PM »

With the newer vehicles, I believe that isn't an option.  If you kill the power to the ECM, it's all over unless it's reflashed.  It was the ambulance far as I can ascertain.  Most likely an electrical short and resulting fire.

Saw pictures of their equipment, it all looks toasted to a degree.  I bet the insurance carrier is on the hook for millions and I bet their premium will go up after the fact.

That may have been true on the very early computer controlled cars.....

But now....  not a problem.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 07:44:49 PM »

Well then, they screwed up...
Pages: [1]   Go Up