MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Livewire got screwed

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Livewire got screwed  (Read 2934 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Livewire got screwed
« on: January 12, 2019, 02:34:37 PM »

Was in today's MN.  He thought he was sworn in but in reality he wasn't.  The clerk didn't have the authority to do it and he was never notified as such.  Think I'd be talking to an attorney, the whole thing smells fishy to me.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Livewire got screwed
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 03:37:40 PM »

This could only happen in Moron County - London Township.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 03:41:24 PM »

The treasurer swore him in and she did not have the authority. The clerk was notified and she was sworn in properly but failed to inform Live that he needed re-sworn in. Mondays meeting will determine if London will be in the paper again for another screwup.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 06:21:42 PM »

Probably someone has started a recall petition of Gary over it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 08:58:18 PM »

Wow.  Just wow.

And the clerk that should have been contacting them to administer the oath gets to preside over the meeting?

Unreal.

Sounds like a coup to me.

That Treasurer needs to resign.

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20190112/taepke-out-as-london-township-supervisor
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 11:41:09 PM »

Why would the treasurer resign?

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 06:54:01 AM »

Washington politics at the local level. It’s only right they appoint the guy that won the election. The clerk needs to be fired

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 09:15:31 AM »

Why would the treasurer resign?

For administering an oath they shouldn't have administered, and then for failing to inform the person that they were not in fact sworn in?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »

Sounds like malfeasance in office to me.  Gary (live) won the recall election by a substantial margin (was a recall vote in London Twp).  I smells to me like the official planned it (premeditated) so they could appoint Gary's opponent at the board meeting that is coming up.

I know if it was me, I'd be seeking legal remedy if, in fact, that is what goes down.  At the very least the official who did the swearing in (that was supposed to do it) but never notified Gary should be adjudicated for malfeasance in office.

Ignorance is one thing but it smells to me like premeditated malfeasance.

What a deal.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 10:03:21 AM »

Sounds like malfeasance in office to me.  Gary (live) won the recall election by a substantial margin (was a recall vote in London Twp).  I smells to me like the official planned it (premeditated) so they could appoint Gary's opponent at the board meeting that is coming up.

I know if it was me, I'd be seeking legal remedy if, in fact, that is what goes down.  At the very least the official who did the swearing in (that was supposed to do it) but never notified Gary should be adjudicated for malfeasance in office.

Ignorance is one thing but it smells to me like premeditated malfeasance.

What a deal.

I agree with your analysis, and that makes the Treasurer complicit to the coup.  Now lets see if the rest of the board is in line with the Treasurer.

Sounds like the local opposition is scheming to steal an election.

If so - I think recalling the whole board would be the next step.  You can't let things like this become the normal course of business - or we no longer live in a Republic.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 10:53:51 AM »

I don't know anything about that district or the people there but the whole thing smells pretty bad.  Before the board can appoint their chosen one, the elected official should sue everybody before it gets really messy.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 11:16:18 AM »

I'm not sure suing would work.

Gary apparently didn't know the rules of how to get sworn in.

The Treasurer apparently didn't know the rules of who could swear someone in.

The Clerk was apparently no where to be found.

What are you going to sue for?  Your own ignorance?  Someone elses?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 11:29:33 AM »

The clerk was sworn in properly and was told to let Gary know he needed to be re-sworn in also. She did not let him know on purpose because they are political foes. She has an obligation as the clerk to see that everyone is sworn in. She purposefully neglected that duty.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 12:26:33 PM »

The clerk was sworn in properly and was told to let Gary know he needed to be re-sworn in also. She did not let him know on purpose because they are political foes. She has an obligation as the clerk to see that everyone is sworn in. She purposefully neglected that duty.

Why I said, malfeasance in office.  It needs to be adjudicated in a court of law and she needs to be removed from her position as well.

Dereliction of duty in office (Malfeasance) applies to all officials elected or appointed that represent the public.  Mav, you and I both know that.

Gonna get real interesting no matter how it plays.  Elected official should never 'play favorites'.  Bad business.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »

Could he not have went into Monroe and had a local judge or the County Clerk administer the oath?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up