MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Livewire got screwed

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Livewire got screwed  (Read 2243 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Livewire got screwed
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »

Gary didn't know.  He thought he was sworn in.  That is the rub.  He was deliberately screwed by someone who knew full well what they were doing and did it with ill intent.  I'd like to say criminal but I'll leave at malfeasance.

At the very least that person needs to be removed from the appointed office.

I still think it was deliberate and for the sole reason of appointing the person he beat in the recall election but we shall see how it plays Monday night.  I may go and sit in the gallery.  I'm sure it will be 'enlightening'
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »

Gary didn't know.  He thought he was sworn in.  That is the rub.  He was deliberately screwed by someone who knew full well what they were doing and did it with ill intent.  I'd like to say criminal but I'll leave at malfeasance.

At the very least that person needs to be removed from the appointed office.

I still think it was deliberate and for the sole reason of appointing the person he beat in the recall election but we shall see how it plays Monday night.  I may go and sit in the gallery.  I'm sure it will be 'enlightening'

LOL.  What time?  Let me know.  I might just join you.

Probably it would be more entertaining than anything on TV that night.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »

Side getting a lot of support on Facebook from the MEN article posted there. Seems as though the Clerk is the one that should know the laws and rules.  If Side isn’t given the post he won everyone that voted for him should crash the township meeting.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 11:08:16 PM »

I don't do Farcebook but CL does.  She read some of it to me.  I guess Gary plans on suing the township if they appoint the guy whom he beat in the recall election.  Still comes down to malfeasance in office on the part of the clerk.  The telling thing is she re-swore in the trustee or whatever he is and conveniently forgot about Live.  Very telling.  Live said she asked him for his Township Hall keys which tells me their plan.

Stinko in London Township.  I'm sure the MN will be there and a lot of other interested persons.

Someone's head is about to roll.

What a pizzer.  Not sure what is going on but remember last year when someone put barbed wire and cut steel posts in one of Live's fields.  Things are not good up there and seems to be getting worse.

The meeting is at 7:30 pm at the township hall. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 11:09:35 PM »

Small town politics at it's best and worse but rules are rules and being dishonest is still a crime.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 07:33:03 AM »

Does the States AG get involved here maybe?

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 09:40:40 AM »

The State Police have an corruption investigation unit for elected officials. It would start there but someone with the particulars would have to call and make the complaint.
Let's see what happens at the meeting first. They "may" do the right thing.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 10:04:45 AM »

I know if I voted for the man and thought the board was about to usurp my vote id be at the meeting.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »

Congrats to Gary for being appointed 3-1 to the position you were elected to.

With that said that was the most unprofessional meeting I have ever watched.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 11:13:11 AM »

So only 1 person had the courage to show that he/she were an ahole and vote against the person that was duly elected to serve..

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 06:43:03 PM »

I was there it was excruciating but not the worst / Longest meeting I have ever been to in London.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 06:52:11 PM »

I was there it was excruciating but not the worst / Longest meeting I have ever been to in London.

Do they often call for a vote and then go to reading documents, having more discussion, yell at the citizens, have the citizens yell at them?

Is that standard operating procedure?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 08:02:14 PM »

It is in London twp. And, it used to be worse !!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 08:39:54 PM »

We would have went but CL has a Planning Commish meeting last night that conflicted.  I take i the lone no vote was the clerk that should be removed from office anyway. Malfeasance is still malfeasance even if Gary retained his seat.

She needs to go.

Stuff like that should never, never fly.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 12:33:13 AM »

It was the other trustee. Lisa the clerk voted yes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up