MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Business Concepts

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Business Concepts  (Read 1070 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Business Concepts
« on: January 14, 2019, 08:15:18 PM »

I'm working on a business plan that provides top notch products and excellent service. Below is a blurb I'll be using in a future newsletter. I'm looking for contributors to give me a critique.   

How much is your time worth? Well if you’re doing the scanning and  bagging you’re time is worth the $ 12.00 per hour the cashier used to make. Unfortunately, not being an employee, it means you’re not on the payroll, and therefore won’t be getting a check.

You know what I think? I think the big box outfits like it this way. One less employee is one less person they don’t have to schedule, don’t have to worry if they’ll show up,  the payroll paperwork, and best of all, one less check to cut at the end of the week. These are mass marketers, their deal is to sell cheap to a whole lot of people. Their customers people don’t have many choices so they pretty much go along.

Well I think your time is valuable. Especially your free time. Free time is the time you aren’t on the job, or just time you’d like to spend as you choose. Well personally, I don’t consider scanning and bagging groceries for free as an optimum use of my free time. I also don’t consider spending 40 minutes on the phone trying to get a problem solved a good use of free time.

My business model is based on making your life a little easier. If you have an issue you let me know, I’ll handle it. For example. You want to return a product and get a refund. No problem. You contact me and then put the product on your doorstep.  That’s all. The next day I will pick it up and leave a cash refund. You don’t need a receipt. 

After reading what I wrote I have a problem. What I really want is feedback. Problem is in this forum this post would be defined as unpaid advertising for a business. I get it.

So what I would like to know is there a place I can go where it's appropriate to discuss business ideas and get feedback, without bucking the house rules?
John Kopke

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
Re: Business Concepts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:40:42 PM »

Jeff Bezos beat you by about 20 years.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 10:48:41 PM »

Hey post it and let them complain...  this is a forum for discussions we aren't advertising -  just keep it a discussion
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 08:07:31 AM »

Not complaining.   If I'm reading this right, your service is basically a concierge service.   But most of what you can deal with is shopping.   You aren't going to be able to handle most customer service issues because no one will talk to you for privacy/security reasons.   Amazon does shopping (and easy returns) right to my door step exceedingly well.   I think you'll have a tough time making a go of it.

Unless you are delivering Olive Garden to Monroe.   That might be something. :D

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 05:28:53 PM »

Not complaining.   If I'm reading this right, your service is basically a concierge service.   But most of what you can deal with is shopping.   You aren't going to be able to handle most customer service issues because no one will talk to you for privacy/security reasons.   Amazon does shopping (and easy returns) right to my door step exceedingly well.   I think you'll have a tough time making a go of it.

Unless you are delivering Olive Garden to Monroe.   That might be something. :D

Didn't Uber Food Delivery beat him to that too?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 08:07:40 PM »

Pretty sure the rest of the restaurants in town would be closed if they did here.

ThomassRichards

• New Talker
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 06:46:26 PM »

Uber FD can destroy the competition.
Kotlin Data Class Inheritance is the perfect equipment. We take care of everyone, we have a variety of solutions, and Kotlin is certainly one of the best.

botlandcom

• New Talker
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 09:41:28 AM »

Uber FD can destroy the competition.
I agree with you, it can happen
i node offers top quality sensors suitable for all residential buildings.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »

I'm not one for dining out or getting food delivered. 

Paula Wethington

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • The Monroe News
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 10:01:37 AM »

Hi John. You are correct - this isn't the place for business advertising.

It sounds like what you want to do is a marketing study. The Small Business Association has some recommendations on that topic https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/plan-your-business/market-research-competitive-analysis
Newsroom digital team leader member, reporter for The Monroe News
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/MonroeNewsPaula
Pages: [1]   Go Up