MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...  (Read 1426 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »

This begs a new thread...lol

One has to wonder what Whitmer is thinking (or is she capable of rational thought) when it comes to fixing Michigan Roads.  Imposing a 42 cent per gallon motor fuel tax on Michigan citizens is insane, especially coupled with the no-fault MCCA addendum.

People cannot afford that in this state.  Maybe she and her cronies can but I cannot.

I thought DeWhine at 21 cents was insane.  Guess if she imposes a 42 cent surcharge, I'll be back to buying Ohio gas again.  No way am I funding her insane plan if I can help it.

I don't see it happening with a Republican controlled house and senate though.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: One has to wonder what Whitmer is smoking...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 04:49:58 PM »

And what makes the 42 cents worse is not all of it is going to the roads.  That's just plain ignorant to propose that big of an increase to fix something that's been neglected for years and then only use part of it to fix the roads...If the republicans buy into this they are as stoopid as her.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:29:29 PM »

I don't think they will.  No reason to.  In fact, no reason to buy into any of her hair brained ideas.  I always find it interesting that politicians promise the world when running for office and then when they get elected, get a brain fart.

Like DeWhine in Ohio.  Promised no new taxes and then wham, new taxes.  At least DeWhine only did HALF as much.  Witless went all out.

I really wish Brian Calley was governor.  At least he has some common sense.

The file picture the rags use don't she look just like Granholm?  That evil smile.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 10:12:41 AM »

http://eblade.toledoblade.com/.pf/emailed/148458/1/20190830083
Have to restart process of fixing roads. 
Politicians doing what they do best,,,,,,,,,NOTHING!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 11:20:00 AM »

If you actually take a hard look at Whitless' bill (I did, I read it carefully), the BULK of the proposed 42 cent a gallon tax increase on motor fuel DOES NOT GO toward road funding at all.  Goes everywhere else but.

She is in my view, an idiot and I sure am glad I didn't vote for her, another Granholm wanna be...  Having said that I didn't vote for Shittey either.  Sad state of affairs when all to chose from for governor is a dimwit (Whitmer) and a crook (Schutte).

Of course the big issue that has been swept under the table (conveniently) is the Line 5 issue.  Why do I think the oil lobby is greasing Whitmer?  I must be imagining it.

So here we are, we have a dork for governor who somehow thinks that Michigander will eat a 42 cent a gallon fuel tax (which they won't) and has amnesia concerning Line 5.  If Whitless and her lesbo AG (Nessel) would have left Snyder's agreement alone, by now, Enbridge would be well into the tunnel and line 5 would become a distant memory in a year.

But no, line 5 is still there, like a time bomb and Whitless has forgotten about it (conveniently) and is concentrating on fleecing the taxpayers to fund her pipe dream 42 cent fuel tax increase that of which the bulk of the increase WON'T go to roads, but everywhere else.

I'm thankful the Republican House and Senate realizes the fastest way to not get reelected is support Whitless' fantasy, but by the same token they should be pressuring her and the lesbo AG to get pro-active on Line 5.

What a mess Lansing is.  It's always been a mess but now it's a disaster.

I sincerely hope we have a viable (and sane) candidate to run against this idiot next election.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 11:21:33 AM by SidecarFlip »

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »

If you actually take a hard look at Whitless' bill (I did, I read it carefully), the BULK of the proposed 42 cent a gallon tax increase on motor fuel DOES NOT GO toward road funding at all.  Goes everywhere else but.

I think she was hoping that no one would notice that.

She really thinks we are all dumb dumb dumb.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2019, 09:10:28 AM »

It's the Granholm attitude.  So fat, she has done NOTHING constructive except collect a fat paycheck on the backs of Michiganders (and I suspect taken dark money from the oil lobby).

Total waste. (and will continue to be a total waste), you'd think that people would realize that every Democrat operates under the same set of rules.  Screw the little people.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 06:53:27 PM »

It's the Granholm attitude.  So fat, she has done NOTHING constructive except collect a fat paycheck on the backs of Michiganders (and I suspect taken dark money from the oil lobby).

Total waste. (and will continue to be a total waste), you'd think that people would realize that every Democrat operates under the same set of rules.  Screw the little people.

Oh no.

Demcrats are for the little guy.

Just ask them.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 07:59:55 PM »

You smoking weed???? ;D

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 08:44:10 PM »

I guess Whitmer won't be smoking / vaping any flavors.

Health Emergency my......
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 09:32:24 AM »

sounds like vaping is a huge problem with the little kiddies in schools.  More kids doing it more than all the other bad stuff, drugs, pills, smokes, alcohol combined.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 11:21:53 AM »

Her picture accompanied the article (in the Telegram).  She looks pretty 'smoked' to me...lol  Didn't that hairdo she has go out in the 60's?

She has her priorities as governor all screwed up but then I expect no less from a Democrat.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 07:15:42 PM »

Looks like showdown on state budget, as I predicted. Jenny Whitmer is ticked off her 45 cent gas tax didn't fly. I don't expect she ever thought it would. After all when her puke opponent, what's his name, charged she sought a 20 cent gas tax increase she scoffed at the idea as ridiculous. Now she's ticked the pukes because they aren't on board for a tax increase twice as much as she herself called ridiculous.

Thing is she never really explained how she would "fix the damn roads, but it sounded great. Fortunately, people were tired of Snyder (man had the personality of a rock) and an opponent that was less than inspiring.  Perfect storm for a Dem like Whit to win guv.

So we'll go for a term, or God forbid two, where we'll get another lesson on how bad progressives can be.

John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 07:44:16 PM »

Wonder how many southern Michigan folks would buy their gas in Ohio if we raised our gas tax 45 cents. Wonder how Gretchen would respond to that question. Expect you'd go away thinking "what"?

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:48:24 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 07:58:22 PM »

Wonder how many southern Michigan folks would buy their gas in Ohio if we raised our gas tax 45 cents. Wonder how Gretchen would respond to that question. Expect you'd go away thinking "what"?

Maybe she would build a wall to keep us from going into Ohio to buy gas.

They would probably add a question to the income tax form where you would have to say how many gallons you bought but didn't consume in other states, and then you would pay it with your income taxes.

I'm sure everyone would give a proper accounting.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up