MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > In the News This Morning

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388]   Go Down

Author Topic: In the News This Morning  (Read 371209 times)

nails

• Hero Talker
Re: In the News This Morning
« Reply #5805 on: October 14, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »

I’m on my phone now. It’s my MAC that I get the pop ups that I need to click here to renew Mcfee.  I don’t have it installed.
Also get pop ups that computer has 3 virus and to call Apple support but they give me a bogus number.
I run Malwarebytes and have no issues. It’s a MAC. I’m only getting this stuff when I’m on MEN forum

Clean out your cookies.
That should stop it.
Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5806 on: October 25, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »

Facebook admits to opening people’s microphone and listening. Probably opens peoples camera as well.
They shouldn’t get away with this.  They need to be severely punished. Maybe jail time. Million dollar fines are nothing to these companies

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5807 on: October 26, 2019, 09:14:35 AM »

Non issue for me.  Don't do Farcebook on the laptop or phone.  Farcebook is nothing but a 21st century busy body site.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5808 on: October 26, 2019, 09:56:35 AM »

agree but if its facebook who else is doing the same?

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5809 on: October 26, 2019, 11:21:40 AM »

I just received one of those phone calls where caller asking questions to solicit a YES response. I usually don't answer phone but was right there and saw it was phony number with 173 area code so I thought id play along.   
I've heard about calls where people ask questions trying to get a YES answer then they use it to scam you somehow or other..

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5810 on: November 19, 2019, 12:25:27 PM »

reading a link from ABC13 that 2 police officers were shot earlier in Monroe and some apartment complex on or near Washington..  Anybody that shoots a cop should be in jail forever.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5811 on: November 19, 2019, 08:27:26 PM »

What an amazingly poorly written article berfeft of facts.

What I would expect from the MENS feminist columnist who lacks talent and skills.

https://www.monroenews.com/news/20191119/two-police-officers-shot-at-in-city-of-monroe
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

indy99

• New Talker
« Reply #5812 on: November 20, 2019, 11:17:37 PM »

Officers taken to Toledo hospital.

That tells me volumes about Monroe hospital.  I will never go there again after receiving absolutely the worst care I have ever had.  Other family members also have received poor care and services.  A nurse once said to me... you check in but you might not check out.  Truth!

Stay away from that House of Horrors.  Unbelievable the nonsense that I have seen in that facility.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388]   Go Up