MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Are YOU prepared?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are YOU prepared?  (Read 304 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Are YOU prepared?
« on: November 09, 2019, 12:01:30 PM »

Are you prepared for what is about to happen with the first major snowfall?  I heard the Monroe County Sheriff is downright pizzed over the coming private company doing the State roads in Monroe County.  Last I heard the outfit 'Ferrovail' had 15 trucks and 3 drivers and were out practicing spreading salt (guess it take practice to engage the spreader switch...lol).

Better have your food laid in because when the snow falls, you ain't going anywhere for a while, as they 'practice' clearing roads they don't even know where they are located (heard each truck is equipped with a county map with all the trunklines and state highways marked), so they can find them....lol

This 'first year' is going to be a disaster, count on it.

If you are in the bump shop business, I suspect you will be swamped as all the 'gotta be there and I'm late because I didn't get up early enough' idiots will be playing dodgem on the roads.

Also heard that Ferrovail offered employees of the MCRC jobs with equal pay and benefits and they all turned them down.  I'd say it's because the union at MCRC is an iron clad union that protects the workers and puts the citizens (who fund it) in second place.  Why would you leave a cush job where you are guaranteed employment esperciallly when you are related.  Almost everyone at MCRC is either related to someone else or was 'given' a job because they kissed arse.  Helluva way to operate a taxpayer funded entity.

Lets just say I'll have my 10 foot county plow and my blower on a tractor and I'll most likely be using it because I don't expect any snow removal out here for at least a week after a snow event.

As the political worm turns... ;D

Glad we live 1/2 mile from Lenawee County.  Only a half mile of frozen, snow covered road to get to a clear road.  For the rest of Monroe County, I feel for you.  I can plow that 1/2 mile easily and I most likely will, more than once. ;D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 12:05:55 PM by SidecarFlip »
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Maverick

• Hero Talker
Re: Are YOU prepared?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 04:38:17 PM »

Stay highways are destined to be a disaster. US 23, I 75, M-50, 223, 151, telegraph, 125, basically any state highways and state trunklines. The rest of the county should see much better service as a result so, just stay off of the highways.
They have the fancy tow behind plows that do two lanes at once and that all sounds good except there will be tons of vehicles in the way and the drivers will have zero experience.
The county dropped their insurance coverage for the highways and we were told by the state that they are not welcome to help so I say F them.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 07:22:22 PM »

Stay highways are destined to be a disaster. US 23, I 75, M-50, 223, 151, telegraph, 125, basically any state highways and state trunklines. The rest of the county should see much better service as a result so, just stay off of the highways.
They have the fancy tow behind plows that do two lanes at once and that all sounds good except there will be tons of vehicles in the way and the drivers will have zero experience.
The county dropped their insurance coverage for the highways and we were told by the state that they are not welcome to help so I say F them.

Let me run this up your flagpole...  I know you know more than I do but I know more than than the average Monroe County citizen does, remember, I'm somewhat 'connected'... ;D

First off, MCRC closed the Ida west Road salt shed and facility and moved the all the employees to the Telegraph Road facility.,  In fact, there will be no trucks anywhere but Telegraph Road from here on out, so...  While that may be all well and good for the east side of the county, where does that leave the central and west side of the county?  Secondly, MCRC employees don't start work until 7AM.  That means the trucks won't leave the facility until at least 8AM (after coffee and doughnuts and warming the engines), so, the earliest they will be 'on the road' is 8AM, well past the time for working stiffs to be at their places of employment.

Secondly, I have heard from a good source at the MCRC that MCRC drivers cannot drop their blades or spread salt on any state road or trunkline, so tell me how they will get over to the central and west side of the county.  You and I both know there are only 3 direct ways, M50, 151 and Dunbar but only Dunbar can be plowed and salted by MCRC.  50 cannot, 151 cannot and neither can Telegraph, where, the MCRC main garage is located.  If MCRC is prohibited (by lack of insurance) to drop their blades on Telegraph (a state road), how do they get out of the lot to go anywhere in the first place??

Thirdly, This new contractor might have 15 trucks but last I heard, they had 3 drivers for all 15 (and that came from a good source as well) so tell me how this will all play when MCRC cannot even get over to the central and westside of the county and of they do get out and over this way, it will be the next day at best.

The one thing that puzzles me is why would you consolidate you operations to the main yard when you (MCRC) have a modern and well equipped facility on the west side of the county?  I know why and it has nothing to do with serving the needs of the citizens but that is for another time.

Lets just say you and I both know who the MCRC serves and it sure as hell isn't the voters either.

And we both know what transpired MDOT to cancel the contract with MCRC as well.

Stupid is as stupid does as Forrest Gump said.  I'm not stupid by a long shot.

We just regressed 40 years.

Glad I have a retired Lenawee County snowplow for one of my farm tractors, I'll be using it I suspect and probably my snowblower too.

I feel bad for the citizens of the County who will bear the brunt of political gamesmanship.

I just hope it's a light snowfall year.  if it isn't, there are going to be some very irate citizens.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 09:19:37 PM »

Looks like I was wise to move out of the County.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1]   Go Up